FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I support NPIP testing. We should make sure people know that
they do not test for respiratory diseases when they test on an annual
basis. Jennifer Glover from NPIP told me once you see a sick
bird in the flock, they have all been exposed regardless of if
sick bird is removed. I'm not trying to scare anyone. Just want
to make sure people understand the risks and know
NPIP testing is not a gaurentee for an illness free flock.
Dr Gary Butcher, head on avian vet school at UF recommends
only buying chicks and never adult birds to avoid illness in your
flock.

This is true but I would still remove a bird that is showing any signs of problems.They other birds may be carrying the disease too. Some show signs and some do not. I hatch all of my own chicks. I pick out my birds carefully as who I want in my breeding pens for my parent stock.

This is true but I would still remove a bird that is showing any signs of problems.They other birds may be carrying the disease too. Some show signs and some do not. I hatch all of my own chicks. I pick out my birds carefully as who I want in my breeding pens for my parent stock.

I would too. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. :)

I'm seriously looking for khaki campbell ducks, preferably ready to lay or laying. 813 789-8818. I have a source for ducklings already. I am allergic to chicken eggs but can eat duck eggs. Ignore this post. Turns out I am very allergic to duck eggs. :(

Last edited:
Is it spring yet?!?!?! I am day dreaming about hatching already. I have been looking around for a large fowl frizzle cochin. Lots of bantams out there but the LF are hard to find. Anybody in Florida have any? I would like to find some hatching eggs this spring.

Is it spring yet?!?!?! I am day dreaming about hatching already. I have been looking around for a large fowl frizzle cochin. Lots of bantams out there but the LF are hard to find. Anybody in Florida have any? I would like to find some hatching eggs this spring.
I have a large fowl frizzle Cochin roo I could sell or if I still have him I could put him with some of my girls and sell some hatching eggs

The Florida Sunshine Classic Poultry Show is on Saturday January 11th in Lake City, Florida at the Columbia County Fairground Auditorium. I sure you could find someone there.

Back
Top Bottom