FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Rural king Farm Swap
1st Saturday monthly (Saturday, July 5th)
9:00 AM TO 2:00 PM
1715 N. Citrus Blvd
Leesburg. FL. 34738
Mary Jo Rainnes, Feed and Farm Dept Manager
352- 314- 0461

Hello everyone im new here. Soon to be chicken mom. Im in middleburg anyone close by?
Thx
xoxo
Kelly
welcome-byc.gif
Click on this link and it will take you to a list of Florida BYC members and the counties they are from.
---> FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello everyone im new here. Soon to be chicken mom.  Im in middleburg anyone close by?
Thx
xoxo
Kelly

Welcome, Kelly! I'm in Chielfand. Are you starting out with chickens, chicks, or incubated eggs? I'm new to being a chicken mom, too. I incubated eggs in my first and second grade classroom. The chicks hatched on May 7th. Twelve hatched in all. I gave away all but the 4 I am raising. Good luck with your new hobby! :jumpy

Teresa

Can anyone help me in my search for some chickens. Looking for Buff Orp, or red or black sex links. Please point me in the right direction. Looking for something about 4-5mths old maybe younger but not new chicks. i am also open to other breed suggestions. Thx Kelly

Can anyone help me in my search for some chickens. Looking for Buff Orp, or red or black sex links. Please point me in the right direction. Looking for something about 4-5mths old maybe younger but not new chicks. i am also open to other breed suggestions. Thx Kelly
welcome-byc.gif

I used to go to this swap every month but it is a 2 hr drive one way for me and with the price of gas now don't make the drive. A lot of great people and several BYC members attend this swap.

Bent Creek Feed MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA
The LAST Sunday of the month
Bent Creek Feed
10777 103rd St.
Jacksonville, FL. 32210
---> MAP
(904) 777-3838
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=236943

I believe I have some buff orps and also some really cool javas they're heritage. I think I have some silkies available as well :) I have alot of breeds and we go to bent creek every month. Most times I only bring pre-orders though sometimes I bring extras for sale! Look forward to seeing you there.

I am having a major ant problem. I have been researching other threads and amany of them suggest food grade DE on the holes and in the run area. (I have sand in the run area).
But here in FL it rains every day, and DE only works on insects when it's dry. Any other options? I am considering covering the perimeter o the coop in borax (outside the coop). Also wasn't sure if maybe their food was attracting the ants, the poop, or if its just b/c we live in Sunny Florida the birthplace of fire ants and mosquito... (okay I made up the birthplace part)

Back
Top Bottom