FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Just found out about this new law that was passed in Florida this year. Makes it a lot easier to sell eggs to the public and restaurants. I don't like the cost of the permit but if one is selling a lot of eggs then you could easily recoup the cost.

I did call and ask a few more questions. One thing the lady told me was that you can not have a rooster in with your laying hens. Eggs sold to the public must be unfertilized.

Limited Poultry & Egg Farm Operation Permit

Frequently Asked Questions
Wonder why no sales of fertile eggs. I grew up on fertile eggs. I remember my mom breaking every egg in a separate bowl to make sure she did not dump a chick into the pan or cake batter.

Wonder why no sales of fertile eggs. I grew up on fertile eggs. I remember my mom breaking every egg in a separate bowl to make sure she did not dump a chick into the pan or cake batter.
I too grew up with fertile egg and still eat my own. But they put that in with the new law because there is always someone that will not collect their eggs properly. And there is nothing better than paying for food that you can't eat

Hey guys, I'm looking for a home for a mama hen and her 6 (4 day old) babies. Mama is a black australorp hatched from Meyer Hatchery the end of February. She's been raised on organic, fermented feed and has lived a happy life, free-ranging on 2.5 acres, and enjoys a coop at night. The babies are mixes of black australorp and buff orpington (daddy was also from Meyer and raised the same way). We are down in Grant and would like to find a loving home for mama and her chicks. Please be willing to pick up.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a home for a mama hen and her 6 (4 day old) babies. Mama is a black australorp hatched from Meyer Hatchery the end of February. She's been raised on organic, fermented feed and has lived a happy life, free-ranging on 2.5 acres, and enjoys a coop at night. The babies are mixes of black australorp and buff orpington (daddy was also from Meyer and raised the same way). We are down in Grant and would like to find a loving home for mama and her chicks. Please be willing to pick up. 

PM'd you

Hi everyone,
I have a beautiful 13 week old easter egger rooster. He was raised on fermented feed, eats out of our hands, was vaccinated for Mareks, very healthy!!! I have a farm for him to go to, but think he should be a pet or used for breeding as he is soooooo beautiful!!!!
We live in Tampa and are willing to deliver.Rich and Julie 517-290-8265

Hi everyone,
I have a beautiful 13 week old easter egger rooster. He was raised on fermented feed, eats out of our hands, was vaccinated for Mareks, very healthy!!! I have a farm for him to go to, but think he should be a pet or used for breeding as he is soooooo beautiful!!!!
We live in Tampa and are willing to deliver.Rich and Julie 517-290-8265

He is quite the handsome man, isn't he? I can't take him but hopefully you will find someone who will pet him and let him rule his roost!

Or breaking an egg that has a half developed chick and never eating eggs again(happened to my grandmother). I have fertile eggs , but they never sit more than a few hours before collecting. My hens are great , even while free ranging they go to the coop to lay.

Or breaking an egg that has a half developed chick and never eating eggs again(happened to my grandmother). I have fertile eggs , but they never sit more than a few hours before collecting. My hens are great , even while free ranging they go to the coop to lay.
When I was a child we got eggs from my grandfathers farm. I remember my mom always breaking an egg into a separate bowl. When I asked her why, she told me it was to make sure there was no chick in the egg. I don't remember a coop, just the chickens free ranging.

My sister does not want my eggs because the hens have been exposed to a rooster. She does not remember that she grew up on fertilized eggs.

Back
Top Bottom