FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi everyone! I'm Connor. I live in Winter Haven and I just started my first flock a few months ago! I love my girls! I look forward to hearing all of your wisdom about keeping them cool in the summer time! haha
yippiechickie.gif
Welcome, Connor! I am relatively new to chicken keeping also and my pullets are 9 months (flock 1) and 5 months (flock 2). I purchased 2 gallon galvanized watering cans and plan on adding frozen water bottles to them when summer kicks in again. My girls have a lot of shade with their covered run and lots of shade when they free range. Their coop is also mostly in the shade. They have water cans in the run as well as in the yard.

cmom, I wanted to thank you again. I am now registered for a trio at the Florida Sunshine Classic. I did not realize there was a deadline for registration, since I've seen people lined up before the show to register for something, so I assumed it was for the show, however, it was for NPIP testing, which I've already had done. Live, and learn! Anyway, thanks to you, I was able to squeak in under the wire. Now Dh is all excited too.

cmom, I wanted to thank you again. I am now registered for a trio at the Florida Sunshine Classic. I did not realize there was a deadline for registration, since I've seen people lined up before the show to register for something, so I assumed it was for the show, however, it was for NPIP testing, which I've already had done. Live, and learn! Anyway, thanks to you, I was able to squeak in under the wire. Now Dh is all excited too.
I have my birds NPIP tested every year too. I think it's the best thing to do rather than wait and have the testing done at the show especially if you show birds, and if you have it done at your place it covers all of your birds.

I have a small flock of Polish for sale or trade.
1 silver laced cockerel, 1 silver laced pullet and 3 gold laced pullets.
Must all go together. They are 6/7 months old and the girls are laying.
Make offer. Sandhill Preservation line
I'm in Fort Myers

D.gif

Hey guys and gals :) come check out my FB page Florida Urban Homesteading. It's a new group that is dedicated to all manner of self-reliance. Chickens, rabbits, goats, quail, aquaculture, gardening, everything in one place. We have something for everyone, and welcome most everybody :) I bet you have a few friends there already. Thanks, Floridabasser

I have actually bathed chickens before, just not for a show. I watched videos, and read a couple websites on how to bathe them for a show. Got my cockerel in the tote with the soapy water, he laid down, and relaxed. I proceeded to bathe him. He seemed to really like it. By the time I got to the part that I was washing his comb, and wattles, he was so totally relaxed. I moved down to his legs, he was still laying down in the water, and while I was cleaning on his legs, and feet, he fell asleep, his head fell forward into the water, and he got a snoot full of water. By then, I had my hand under his head. He didn't go down as far as his eyeballs, but almost. He remained calm, so I proceed. He did the same thing again, but this time I was quicker to get my hand under his head, and I kept it there the rest of his bath. I put him in the vinegar rinse, then the plain rinse water. He was so relaxed he would have fallen asleep again in the rinse, if I had let him. NOT EVEN ONE of the videos, or webpages warned about this. I wrapped him in a towel, and when it was wet, exchanged it for a dry one. He was perfectly fine with me holding him in his towel. I am not hearing any wheezing, labored breathing, or gurgles when he breathes, so I guess he's ok.

Hey guys and gals
smile.png
come check out my FB page Florida Urban Homesteading. It's a new group that is dedicated to all manner of self-reliance. Chickens, rabbits, goats, quail, aquaculture, gardening, everything in one place. We have something for everyone, and welcome most everybody
smile.png
I bet you have a few friends there already. Thanks, Floridabasser

I just joined yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom