FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

thats craziness having to get a freakin permit. I'da been sunk if that were the case for me. Our coop wasnt built until our chicks were literally ready to move in to it lol. I think we mighta had them in the brooder and temp housing about a week too long while i built it lmao.

I live in the city and my county allows 5 hens only and only with a permit but I won't be in this house forever. We will move in the next 5-6 yrs and have plenty of land a bit from the city so we can have as many of whatever we want.
I just pray I don't get chicken fever and start the chicken math I've been reading about over the last year!!!

thats craziness having to get a freakin permit. I'da been sunk if that were the case for me. Our coop wasnt built until our chicks were literally ready to move in to it lol. I think we mighta had them in the brooder and temp housing about a week too long while i built it lmao.

Its not crazy - I live in the inner city of Melbourne on 1/4 of an acre. I don't want people around me having roosters and cobras and donkeys and all sorts of what not in such a tiny space - its for sanity really. We're allowed a small group of hens on such a tiny area of land in inner city parts of Melbourne and I think that is quite nice - many municipalities won't allow them at all, no matter how much land you have.

Hi Peeps61
I have a Ameraucana and a sex link.
32 hens wow I am impressed! My two are giving me a run for my money. Would love to come by some day and see your chickens.
Weezy

Its not crazy - I live in the inner city of Melbourne on 1/4 of an acre. I don't want people around me having roosters and cobras and donkeys and all sorts of what not in such a tiny space - its for sanity really. We're allowed a small group of hens on such a tiny area of land in inner city parts of Melbourne and I think that is quite nice - many municipalities won't allow them at all, no matter how much land you have.

I have a place in the country also but it's a weekend place and I'm not there enough to take care of animals but you see lots of different ones running around and I don't really care for the Roos a block away. I completely understand why we are only allowed so many and they have to be kept with certain restrictions in the city.

I'm getting them from a man in Middleburg who apparently has several different breeds and hatching babies weekly. I don't know him but he takes great pride in his flocks.
I'm planning on Ameracauna but will check out the others

Cool! I have 11 Ameraucanas. I got in Live Oak. I couldn't find anyone around here that had real Ameraucanas, everytime I'd find someone that said they had them, I'd get there and they just had EE's. I also have quite a few other breeds. Chickens are a lot of fun, hope you enjoy yours.

Hi all, I'm between Cross City and Old Town near the gulf coast in the big bend area. We have 20 hens and 5 ducks on our 1 acre homestead. I planted a small orchard, and am experimenting with what grows well here. We're relatively new to Florida, and new to rural life, though I have always loved organic gardening.

Hi & Welcome
263a.png
You are a bit ahead of me. I'm still searching for at least 2 acres with a home. Why did you begin with a garden instead of chickens? My plan is to get chickens and use their poo for compost. Doing Back to Eden type garden with wood chip mulch. Google it on YouTube. (Paul G????) Also a couple of goats after the garden.
How are things growing in your area? Did you start with pullets or chicks?

Hi! I'm in Montverde. Have 28 eggs (Blue/Black Copper Marans, Amerucuanas, Olive Eggers) in the incubator from Eight Acres Farm and a mixed backyard flock. Looking forward to having some new girls... I'll be looking to re-home any cockerels that I hatch....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom