FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

So my dog found the predator that was eating my chickens. It was a possom. The thing is that she bit it and had a slimming thing. I called her to me and in the process of catching the thing we managed to hurt it but eventually it got away.
My concern is my dog. Should I take her to the vet asap or just keep an eye on her?

I am trying very hard to keep them pure. I'll do a test hatch first. I just want to make sure I have good fertility before I send any eggs. I replacing chicken wire with welded wire so when I empty a pen I'm replacing the wire. a few of the gang. My RC RIW rooster Schemp Shemp's son Lucky in the grow-out coop and pen.
1f414.png
Lucky is so so handsome!

Just moved to Ocala last month. My rooster Lucky is sick with Wet Avian Pox. Vet pulled out growths and his throat is better. Problem is he won't eat and is losing weight. I had him tube fed at the vet 4 times. He picks at food with beak but won't open his mouth. He's going to die if he doesn't start eating food, he drinks water fine. He fights me even if I try to put a seed in his mouth.

Anyone have similar problem with the Pox or a chicken not eating? And please don't tell me to cull him, he's my pet of 5 1/2 years.

Just moved to Ocala last month. My rooster Lucky is sick with Wet Avian Pox. Vet pulled out growths and his throat is better. Problem is he won't eat and is losing weight. I had him tube fed at the vet 4 times. He picks at food with beak but won't open his mouth. He's going to die if he doesn't start eating food, he drinks water fine. He fights me even if I try to put a seed in his mouth.

Anyone have similar problem with the Pox or a chicken not eating? And please don't tell me to cull him, he's my pet of 5 1/2 years.

Check with the members over on the emergencies forum. Someone there might have some advice for you.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck to you and Lucky!

So my dog found the predator that was eating my chickens. It was a possom. The thing is that she bit it and had a slimming thing. I called her to me and in the process of catching the thing we managed to hurt it but eventually it got away.
My concern is my dog. Should I take her to the vet asap or just keep an eye on her?

Did the opossum bite your dog that you know of?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom