FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

We started with a mixed bag of pullets and chicks, all RI Reds. We now realize that we have 5 roosters! Nice to have a dual-purpose breed. We'll have roosters in the freezer soon! A nice head start on our meat hen raising this spring!

We started with a mixed bag of pullets and chicks, all RI Reds. We now realize that we have 5 roosters! Nice to have a dual-purpose breed. We'll have roosters in the freezer soon! A nice head start on our meat hen raising this spring!
If I haven't yet just wanted to say
welcome-byc.gif
. We also put some of our young males in the freezer. Mostly the male Sex-Links. We hatch all of our own so we usually have a lot to sell and eat as well as eggs.

Hi all, I'm in Gainesville, FL and searching for silkie pullets. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
welcome-byc.gif

There will be quite a few Silkie breeders who show at this show and there are usually quite a few for sale.
Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association Show, Inverness, FL.
Orange Blossom Special
Saturday March 5th 2016
9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
Citrus County Fairgrounds
3600 South Florida Ave.
Inverness, Florida
---> MAP
(U.S. Highway 41 South - 1.5 miles south of the intersection of U.S. highways 44 & 41)
http://cflpoultrybreeders.org/

Thanks for this! I've never been to a show, sounds like fun. So they usually have pullets for sale there?

There are usually a nice variety for sale. If you don't see what you're looking for then maybe you can hook up with a breeder and make arrangements to get what you want.

Hey Florida Friends,

I met a really nice lady here in Volusia County at a "chicken party" a few weeks back, and she is bringing me 18 Serama eggs today or tomorrow.
Well, needless to say, chickens and chicken math has hit me hard, and I bought an incubator. I bought the Hovabator Genesis 1588 with turner, and it has been running for two days. The temp is at 99.8, and the humidity (filling the troughs based on the instructions) is at 63%!!
From what I've read, this is way to high for setting eggs. I tried emptying the larger trough and filling a smaller one, but the humidity only dropped a percent or two. So now I emptied the troughs completely, and am waiting to see how it stabilizes.
(In the meantime, I purchased a standalone thermometer/humidifier which is being delivered Monday)

Is the humidity just so high bc:
-we live in Florida?
-there are no eggs in the incubator?
-a combo of these things?!?

Please help! I'm new to incubating and don't want to mess this up!

Thanks for any and all input,
Danielle

PS As I am only looking to keep one or two of them, Seramas available in a few weeks if all goes well, lol!

Last edited:
Me again!!

Gauging interest- I'd like to place an order from Meyer Hatchery for a late February (possibly March) delivery, and was wondering if anyone would like to get in so shipping can be shared and 25 chick minimum met. Pick up would be at my home in Port Orange (Volusia County) by the Pavillion.

Please pm me!
Thanks, Danielle

Help Please! ANYONE! I posted to get information for help with a SICK chicken, but no response on the Emergency Forum.
Would someone go look and give some response? I Don t know how to post a link. There is another person who has gotten no resonse ahead of me as well. I hope it isn't serious.
Thank y'all!

Back
Top Bottom