FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I have 7 young hens all of laying age. I get 3-4 eggs a day. I KNOW 2 of 3 RIR are laying and I've matched one color of egg to an EE but I'm also getting a GREEN egg that I can't match to one of the 3 remaining EEs. If you, like me, can do math, there has to be 1 or 2 more laying (at least). The gyrations my wife and I are going through just to match which chickens are laying what color of egg. I'm on the verge of calling it an obsession. I MUST find out who's laying what color. It's another whole layer of eggcitement I wasn't eggspecting when they started laying. Wish they would lay them and mark them with their initials. Why else do we name them?

here is a pic of our new babies they are 6 days old today.

TSC in Jacksonville is having their swap this Saturday – I'm hoping. I'm taking one of my barred rocks there to sell. She will be nine weeks old and has only been on organic starter and grower crumbles since day one. Can someone please give me advice on a reasonable price to ask?

I have 7 young hens all of laying age. I get 3-4 eggs a day. I KNOW 2 of 3 RIR are laying and I've matched one color of egg to an EE but I'm also getting a GREEN egg that I can't match to one of the 3 remaining EEs. If you, like me, can do math, there has to be 1 or 2 more laying (at least). The gyrations my wife and I are going through just to match which chickens are laying what color of egg. I'm on the verge of calling it an obsession. I MUST find out who's laying what color. It's another whole layer of eggcitement I wasn't eggspecting when they started laying. Wish they would lay them and mark them with their initials. Why else do we name them?

I put a camera in the box - I am eggsessed over which egg belongs to which girl!

Shawnee, if you have food coloring, the type used to color cake frosting, get it, put on a rubber glove, grab a hen, and put some just inside the vent (not too deep), a different color for each hen. Write down which color you used on each hen. If you need more than the 4 basic colors, don't forget to mix up red, and blue for purple, red and yellow for orange etc. to give yourself some more colors. Some of the coloring will be lost as the hen eliminates, but there should be enough left, so when she lays an egg, there will be a little coloring on the egg, and you will know who laid it. This won't hurt the hens.

i posted here yesterday, but didn't have a decent picture. Here is one of my new little girls. These are 2 Brama and an nj giant. I also have a Red Cross, leghorn, and silver lace Wing.

Back
Top Bottom