FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Well it has been a loooong time since I stopped by and said hello....so....HELLO
frow.gif
Hope everyone is doing great! Overhere things are great. The wife if 21 weeks pregers
clap.gif
, the flock is up to 12 my original 5 and a hatch of eggs I got for one of my hens (was 14, but processed 2 roos this am...my 1st time too
celebrate.gif
) . Thinking about getting into rabbits now, who nows! lol
I knew you wouldn't stick with just 5!!
clap.gif
Congrats on the baby-to-be, in case I didn't tell you that already.

A friend of mine has three lovely hens to re-home due to moving: A Buff Brahma, a Barred Rock, and a Production Red. They are in St.Pete. Let me know if anyone is interested. Wasn't there someone on here from St.Pete that was looking for hens?

Well it has been a loooong time since I stopped by and said hello....so....HELLO
frow.gif
Hope everyone is doing great! Overhere things are great. The wife if 21 weeks pregers
clap.gif
, the flock is up to 12 my original 5 and a hatch of eggs I got for one of my hens (was 14, but processed 2 roos this am...my 1st time too
celebrate.gif
) . Thinking about getting into rabbits now, who nows! lol
Well hello there stranger.LTNH, But glad to hear everything is doing great in your neck of the woods.Me I some BR's I got from a auction in Lakeland last week and sold 1 doz. next day.bought 2 doz & sold 1 next day.That isn't bad for a turn around if you ask me.Well if you don't make a profit then your buying wrong things to sell so yes I made a real good profit.When at auction I had bought 2 doz hatching eggs too with breed unknown or if fertile or not knowing.But my Silkie is hatching eggs as I type.

Help!!!need help sexing a 4-5 week old chick.Everything visibly says this chick is a hen.This chick came from a hatchery that is supposed to be able to sex chicks (although I am not so sure how good they are)My problem is the rest of the chicks;6 Cochin's,1 buff rock,and 1 sex link are all skittish and shy.This one isn't afraid of anything!Including my cattle dogs! It is super friendly,like pocket pet friendly.And its small vocabulary seems a bit different from the other birds.The seller said I could exchange it Monday afternoon if I wasn't satisfied.I CAN NOT have a rooster,I am within city limits and I am already WAY over the legal limit for number of birds.I have seen the section on BYC about sexing barred rocks and it seems to indicate this is a hen by its dark color.But would love any ones opinion!!!!

My hatch of Barred Rocks just turned 4 weeks on Monday and this one looks just like all my girls. The comb is smaller and no redness to it. The darker bands in the feathers are larger than the white. The dark swatch along the legs also makes me think pullet. None of my girls are shy and are usually the first to investigate something new and they all love to be held. I am thinking you have a pullet.

Thank you all for your opinions.I decided to keep the barred rock chick.The over friendly personality just seemed to be the first night when it was in new surroundings and just so frightened.It is still one of the more friendly chicks but it is not the pocket pet that it was on that first night.I really hope it is a hen.This chick is one of the best bug hunters I have seen in a while
big_smile.png
.I have a red light in their house and this little one sneaks out of the house to chase down every moth,mosquito or other flying insect that might pass by.The jumping ability of this little one can not be matched LOL!
addicted2chickens

Back
Top Bottom