FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

Quote:
Hi Micki....I'm in Perry also!
smile.png

I'm in Palm Bay FL . Am researching chicken coop plans right now. Planning to purchase my pullets in October. I'm SO new! There are so many breeds to choose from, but I'll probably start with Rhode Island Reds and Plymouth Rocks.

Hello Florida!
woot.gif

Just a reminder that there are still lots of towns and cities right here in Florida up for grabs in the BYC Chicken L.O.R.E. Project!

This is a massive undertaking, and everyone is encouraged to participate! Your knowledge of Chicken L.O.R.E. will earn you GFM Scratch, which are good towards new GFM Memberships, Membership extensions, or Membership gifts.

Remember - you don't have to select a city in Florida - cruise the selection list and choose any city still available!

Get started now! Click on the Chicken L.O.R.E. link above for all the details, and remember your Project Managers are here to help in any way we can.

Good Luck, and Thanx for Joining In!
clap.gif

i live in northern Florida, just south of Talahassee
I have Seven chicks or pullets, not sure yet, I'm learning, doing it backwards, chicks first, research last.
1f61f.png
. I've been letting my chickens roam free all day every day, they eat big bugs, small lizards and table scraps, not much feed. Do they need to eat before they are turned out in the morning? Will eating almost all free range effect the eggs, when they get old enough to lay. They are growing like weeds since they started free range. We have two acres, they stay pretty close to the house right now, but I think we have enough bugs to last them a lifetime and then some. I read someone found cockroaches in her coop, chickens don't eat roaches? Do they eat ants, we have at least a gazillion of those and I'm afraid to put ant killer down now. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Also, my rooster sleeps in a tree, is he supposed to sleep in the coop and if so, how am I going to make him get in there. We moved the girls to a bigger coop two days ago and we have a heck of a time getting them to go, we literally have to chase them down, catch them and put them in
1f61f.png
. I sure could use help in swapping coops too. Thanks for any help you can offer

Brenda
1f423.png

Back
Top Bottom