FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

Hi!!! I'm Sue and live in Ft Myers, FL. Been here about 10 years now, originally from Pittsburgh, (GO STEELERS!)

Brand new to the world of chickens, learning something new everyday thanks to BYC!

I've got 17 chickens so far, I have no clue what kind though. I know the 2 white ones are leg horns, and was told the black one is a black giant, maybe a couple of sex links, a few are buffs, and a friend just gave me a beautiful rooster! I've been looking at pictures on the forums to figure out what they all are.

I also have 9 horses, 3 that I own and the rest are boarders, 3 dogs (German shep, Ben), (Blk lab, Bo) and (min pin, NIKI)

Anyways......BYC has been a lot of fun, thanks for having me!!!!!
smile.png

Good Morning Sue and Welcome to BYC ! We are glad to have you! sounds like you have a variety of chickies to start with. You will find tons of useful info on this site and lots of knowledgeable people to talk to if you have any problems. A good place to identify chickens is on a site called "feathersite.com" . You can also post some pics of your chickens on this site under the 'What Breed or Gender is this?' catagory and we can all help you figure out what kind of chickies you have. Also, the FL State Fair will be in Tampa in a few weeks in Feb. (not sure of the dates), but they have poultry there too and you may be able to identify some of yours by checking the one there. Have a great day!

Lisa
smile.png

Oh, I almost forgot !! I am from PA too! I was born in Wilkinsburg, a suburb of Pittsburg, and I also lived in Butler Co for a few years. But I have lived here in FL for most of my life. Yeah, Go Steelers !!

Last edited:
Nice to meet you Peeps! I'm actually from a little town called Beaver, in Beaver County.

I am now going to try my luck at posting pics. I opened a photobucket account and uploaded some pics of my flock. Now I have to go back and read the direstions on how to post them here.

Wish me luck....I am not good with computer stuff!!!!!
barnie.gif

Hi Sue,
it is easy from there. I always have 2 internet windows open, one with BYC on the screen with my message already typed in, and one with Photobucket on the screen. Once you have the image uploaded to Photobucket, just click on the bar under the pic that says "IMG Code", it will turn yellow and say 'copied'. Then I go to the BYC screen message I have typed and click to get your blinking cursor on. Then you right click and a drop down menu will appear, click 'paste' and the IMG Code will appear. You can then Submit your message and the pic will appear with it. Hope this helps.

Lisa
smile.png

Hi! I'm from Venice, south of Sarasota. I have one Rhode Island Red, Millie - she's almost 1. I just hatched 5 Delaware chicks. They are one day old.

I hope I have a rooster in there.
smile.png

Nice to meet others from Florida!

I also have 2 horses, 10 cows - 5 are bred and will have calves this spring, 2 German shepherds and 2 turtles.

Back
Top Bottom