Flu shot and sick as a dog...

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
I got my seasonal flu shot today (not H1N1) at noon. Came home and took a nap. Woke up at 4pm, feeling like crud. Fever, aches, chills. It was an inactivated form, not live.

How long will this last? I have 3 quilts on and I am shivering myself silly.... ugh

Quote:
24 hours IMO ... Its how long mine lasted. But the h1n1 I got before the shots and it was 2 weeks or so for flu and bronchitis to go away.

Quote:
24 hours IMO ... Its how long mine lasted. But the h1n1 I got before the shots and it was 2 weeks or so for flu and bronchitis to go away.

So, I am better off with this yuckiness than the flu itself? I will try to keep that in mind while I am shivering myself to death. My teeth chattered til they hurt....

DH and I got our flu shots Monday, it never bothered us at all. So sorry your under the weather.

I refuse to get any flu shots..so many people get sick when they do. That
just doesnt seem right to me to go get a shot that makes you sick. I hope
you feel better soon.

Quote:

So, I am better off with this yuckiness than the flu itself? I will try to keep that in mind while I am shivering myself to death. My teeth chattered til they hurt....

I think so... better to get a light dose than full blown... The shivers were the thing that drove me crazy when I had the swine flu. I about threw my back out shivering and shaking the 5th night in. I heard today that anyone with the flu at this point they are considering them to have the swine flu because the seasonal flu hasn't hit yet?
idunno.gif
all I know is the hospitals have been extra careful over the past 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom