Ridges is doing okay. She is very talkative, which is a good sign since her sister, daughter and niece who died last year were very quiet when they were ill. She is eating and drinking, and is making a mess of her cage because she is trying to get out. Her poops from yesterday and this morning are still very bad, but I was giving her fresh food and I noted that when she pooped, it was looking a bit better. You can see that she spilled her food. I’m going to clean out her cage in a little bit. View attachment 3786243
Glad she is feeling better! Make sure those chicks are getting that medicated chick feed which has Amprol in it. 💕

Fluffy Butt friends and family. Please pray for my family over the next few days. My grandmother's struggle is finally over and she is now at peace and pain free.
We will be thinking and praying for you and your family. I am sure it’s a relief to all of you that your Gran is now at peace.

🌸 💕

I have only just started researching salpingitis: this morning Becky laid a lash egg.

I didn’t take a photo of the material, but could if anyone is curious; looks just like the stuff found on google. So much for hoping it was an easy fungal infection. This new diagnosis explains the soft eggs, reduced laying, and lethargy.

If I can gather the fortitude to do it, I would rather euthanize her before her body fails and she feels completely debilitated/pained. I’m reading online that with this disease, this will likely happen in the next few months.

Throwback to baby Becky during her ugly phase. ❤️
1711815648202.jpeg

I’m disappointed but not sad, so no need for condolences. Just the way the cookie crumbles 🤷🏻‍♀️

I have only just started researching salpingitis: this morning Becky laid a lash egg.

I didn’t take a photo of the material, but could if anyone is curious; looks just like the stuff found on google. So much for hoping it was an easy fungal infection. This new diagnosis explains the soft eggs, reduced laying, and lethargy.

If I can gather the fortitude to do it, I would rather euthanize her before her body fails and she feels completely debilitated/pained. I’m reading online that with this disease, this will likely happen in the next few months.

Throwback to baby Becky during her ugly phase. ❤️ View attachment 3786344

I’m disappointed but not sad, so no need for condolences. Just the way the cookie crumbles 🤷🏻‍♀️
Only you can decide, but my Maggie lived well over a year after her first lash eggs. A full good life including normal egg laying.

Edited to add: I just checked my notes. Maggie lived two years and 6 weeks after her first lash eggs. She laid normally and then laid another set of lash material about two months before she died. She was very much alive and well in the two years.

Last edited:

Throwback to baby Becky during her ugly phase. ❤️ View attachment 3786344

As RC pointed out, one lash egg on its own doesn’t mean a death sentence, if you have some amoxicillin I would dose her for a week with that, after all it is an infection, and treating it as such will give her a good quality log life.

Nothing is guaranteed, she could be killed by a fox, or hawk. There are plenty of hazards out there for the chooks.

In fact Red is proof that they can be on deaths door one day and months later still be with you, jumping up I n the air for the piece of bagel her Hooman so kindly is offering (owww! Leave the finger sister).

Here she is under my lawn chair snoozing - hoping I’ll drop my bagel 😊
image.jpg

You chicken people, please don’t be like me. I’ve been babysitting Sir Jaffar for several days, and he hasn’t died. He has beaten all odds from whatever he has, but he’s now lost sight in his good eye, and relies on his girls to lead him to food. I have put my life on hold for too long now. Humans are counting on me for their survival as well. The stress of all this is real, and getting to me lately. I don’t know what to do anymore.

You chicken people, please don’t be like me. I’ve been babysitting Sir Jaffar for several days, and he hasn’t died. He has beaten all odds from whatever he has, but he’s now lost sight in his good eye, and relies on his girls to lead him to food. I have put my life on hold for too long now. Humans are counting on me for their survival as well. The stress of all this is real, and getting to me lately. I don’t know what to do anymore.
Sorry, here’s tax IMG_4121.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom