Mugs, blurry mugs!View attachment 3809242View attachment 3809243
We’ve been having wonderful weather here, so the chicks have gotten long afternoon outings in the yard. Five to six hours at the time, usually in a pen with the dog tethered to it to keep them safe.

Most of the big chicks are finishing up their feather coats and are ready to move outside (we’ve just done away with their heat pad), but the wee gray lass will need a couple more weeks to catch up. The biggies will need to be patient, in their increasingly cramped garage quarters.
Oh they are so darn tootin cute!

Gosh I can’t wait to hatch those school chicks I am sending eggs to my niece in a couple weeks 😊

She is from an Ideal hatchery she is a buff laced sebright with a single comb. I wish she had the pea comb, but the single comb gives her jaunty air.
Gosh she is a beauty 💕

I am so jealous, you can get such lovely chicks down there. Peavey Mart is doing a nice job of getting some different breeds up here, but I wish they could get stuff from some other hatcheries - like McMurray’s…

————-

Speaking of chicks….
Today is the first arrivals of chicks at Peavey, good thing I have to take my truck to the mechanic tonight for repairs. 😊

20240420_171105.jpg
2 mugs (Storm and Tuff)

20240414_200203.jpg
2 spatting roos, little Cheetah and big Hector

Back
Top Bottom