Mugs, blurry mugs!View attachment 3809242View attachment 3809243
Weā€™ve been having wonderful weather here, so the chicks have gotten long afternoon outings in the yard. Five to six hours at the time, usually in a pen with the dog tethered to it to keep them safe.

Most of the big chicks are finishing up their feather coats and are ready to move outside (weā€™ve just done away with their heat pad), but the wee gray lass will need a couple more weeks to catch up. The biggies will need to be patient, in their increasingly cramped garage quarters.
Oh they are so darn tootin cute!

Gosh I canā€™t wait to hatch those school chicks I am sending eggs to my niece in a couple weeks šŸ˜Š

She is from an Ideal hatchery she is a buff laced sebright with a single comb. I wish she had the pea comb, but the single comb gives her jaunty air.
Gosh she is a beauty šŸ’•

I am so jealous, you can get such lovely chicks down there. Peavey Mart is doing a nice job of getting some different breeds up here, but I wish they could get stuff from some other hatcheries - like McMurrayā€™sā€¦

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”-

Speaking of chicksā€¦.
Today is the first arrivals of chicks at Peavey, good thing I have to take my truck to the mechanic tonight for repairs. šŸ˜Š

20240420_171105.jpg
2 mugs (Storm and Tuff)

20240414_200203.jpg
2 spatting roos, little Cheetah and big Hector

Back
Top Bottom