Run-Chicken T50 issues

Mitchellhansen

Hatching
May 3, 2024
I have a Run-Chicken T50 door. I've had this door for a few years now. Recently, I started to have issues with my door. My door wasn't closing and the light was staying red. I checked the track for obstructions but it was clean. So I took the controller off to replace the batteries. Once the new batteries went in. The light turns red, then green, and then blue. It chimes and then the motor cycles a little up and down. Then it won't do anything when I push the button. Normally it will open or close when I have done this in the past.

Any suggestions on what maybe the cause? It's out of warranty.

Have you tried reprogramming it? I haven’t had this issue but for others I’ve done a reprogram using the app and it’s worked.

Re- program the door to the new firmware! It will sync automatically from the run chicken app. Also check the tightness on the Phillips screws on the track, this will throw the door in an obstruction mode if the tension is too tight from the screws. I’m sure this is not ur problem since u have had it installed for couple of years now. But check both 👍🏻🐓🐓

Re- program the door to the new firmware! It will sync automatically from the run chicken app. Also check the tightness on the Phillips screws on the track, this will throw the door in an obstruction mode if the tension is too tight from the screws. I’m sure this is not ur problem since u have had it installed for couple of years now. But check both 👍🏻🐓🐓
I've checked all the screws and made sure the track is clear. Still had the issue.

I have a Run-Chicken T50 door. I've had this door for a few years now. Recently, I started to have issues with my door. My door wasn't closing and the light was staying red. I checked the track for obstructions but it was clean. So I took the controller off to replace the batteries. Once the new batteries went in. The light turns red, then green, and then blue. It chimes and then the motor cycles a little up and down. Then it won't do anything when I push the button. Normally it will open or close when I have done this in the past.

Any suggestions on what maybe the cause? It's out of warranty.
I will add this as an update. I had the controller inside for a few days. Reinstalled the batteries and the door functioned as it should. I placed the controller back on the door. It ran flawlessly for a few days. Up until it rained hard and again stopped working. I think moisture is getting inside the controller. Just not sure how.

Interesting. It sounds like that may be the issue. Maybe you could create some sort of cover for it to keep moisture away.

Back
Top Bottom