Good morning everyone!

Rain on tap again for today - what a shocker.

Here are some snoozing fluffy butts. The chooks went outside and threw themselves down in the sun for a snooze šŸ˜Š

A6247C89-922F-4658-9560-6B52718A53F1.jpeg
BD1139DC-CD52-410C-A131-4EB21F8A75D7.jpeg
5C4CF12E-1535-4414-999E-A98E38E6C97F.jpeg

Oh dear. I am not sure I can cope with the hormonal insanity in the Chicken Palace.
Sylvie is a ditz. She has started the broody bok-bok-bok, but if I turf her out she stays off the nest for a reasonable time and sometimes seems to forget where she is. Piglet, Calypso and Tassels beat the crap out of her every time they see her.
Piglet is running around all puffed up and broody bok-bok-bok but hasnā€™t installed herself in a nest box. I think with Piglet the notion of skipping meals is probably quite unappealing.
I really only have three sane chickens. And here they are enjoying some peace and quiet while grazing in the cool of the morning.
Bernie, Babs, and Pooh.
IMG_6371.jpeg

Yep I got Hoovers both last year and a couple weeks ago.

Were your chicks day olds? If so they ship over night freight, did you get in Edmonton? They would be shipped to EDM airport and then Canada Post delivers to the store. They have a certain amt of chicks in each crate they ship them in to keep warm. I know you have had snow out there this week (and lots of it), so yes Peavey should take that into acct.

Have they setteled down any? I would say itā€™s the stores issue to ensure the product is kept safe and secure. If they didnā€™t then I would complain to their Customer Service about the issue.

I have 3 Midnights on order for 28th May, I donā€™t expect any issues.
According to Peavey, they are shipped from Hoovers to Ontario, and then to the store. Yes, they are day olds. I bought them in the Wetaskiwin Peavey Mart. Apparently that location is shutting down in July.

According to Peavey, they are shipped from Hoovers to Ontario, and then to the store. Yes, they are day olds. I bought them in the Wetaskiwin Peavey Mart. Apparently that location is shutting down in July.
Hmmm - lands in Pearson, then on again to Edmonton - a ā€˜milk runā€™ as they call it. Likely no direct flights from Hoovers departure location, to Edmonton.

Wetaskiwin is what 50min to the airport?

Well I sure hope your chickies are doing a bit better today.

Back
Top Bottom