Get the brinsea one. I have one and that is the one that works. It didn't shut off in the middle of the night either.
I can’t find one of those, except for the internet. And it’s nearly impossible to get stuff delivered to my address without getting lost or stolen.

I can’t find one of those, except for the internet. And it’s nearly impossible to get stuff delivered to my address without getting lost or stolen.
That's awful. I went through a stint of thief's from the Royal mail. They didn't offer any kind of reimbursement. Then it came on the news that they had people stealing mail. Both postmen and at the sorting office.

Hello all,

I just thought I'd check in, since it's been a long time. First of all, I appreciate the people who put the synopsis together. Sometimes I will go months without logging into BYC, and it's great that I can catch up. And sometimes I'll go on a BYC binge for a few days when I have the time. Either way, It's good to see how everyone is faring.

We currently are chickenless. Last fall, I allowed a fellow to talk me into letting him "help" me tear down and rebuild the deck off the back of our house. As some of you may remember, the area under our deck is our chicken run space, and it's worked out really well for us that way. For a number of reasons, and without going into details, the project turned out to be a much more of a nightmare than it needed to be, and dragged on for many weeks. The experience was so unsettling to the chicks that they began digging up large areas of our backyard grass. Long story short, it became very obvious that there would not be enough time for me to set up the chicken accomodations before the snow flew, so we had to rehome the girls.

Our current plan is to take a year off from chickens and get our yard in order, then see if we are ready to start again next year. Or course, seeing all the new chicks here is testing my resolve.

So since I can't properly pay tax with chicken photos, here is a photo of two of Ash's eggs that I scrambled up this morning for breakfast. These eggs have been in storage in a bucket on a shelf in my basement since Jan 2023, so fifteen months after they were laid. I could not tell any difference in the texture, taste, or smell from when they were freshly laid. It's really an amazing way to preserve fresh eggs.

20240419_073247[1].jpg

Also, some before and after pics of the deck:

20190420_073046[1].jpg

20231016_190939[1].jpg 20240419_082831[1].jpg

I hope life smiles on all of you, and Alex, it's good to see you with a new batch of fluff!

Get the brinsea one. I have one and that is the one that works. It didn't shut off in the middle of the night either.
I don’t have experience of that one but the Rent-a-coop one I linked for you earlier @featherhead007 is very reliable and doesn’t have any reset switch. It is just on or unplugged. Amazon could probably get it to you tomorrow.

Get it delivered to a pick up location. At least with Amazon those are quite numerous (grocery stores often).

She was wet by stomping thru the water dish. When I checked her the heater was cold to the touch and she was very cold and miserable. 😩 I’m taking the heater back today. If I have to wake up to reset it, it’s not working for me. View attachment 3805674
My rent a coop does NOT shut off, you are absolutely right that, that shouldn’t be happening. It must be faulty. I am so sorry to hear this, I would be frustrated and a bit mad tbh!

See if you can perhaps find the small Rent a coop or Brinsea brooder plates. They both have good track records of being very dependable and trouble free.

Hello all,

I just thought I'd check in, since it's been a long time. First of all, I appreciate the people who put the synopsis together. Sometimes I will go months without logging into BYC, and it's great that I can catch up. And sometimes I'll go on a BYC binge for a few days when I have the time. Either way, It's good to see how everyone is faring.

We currently are chickenless. Last fall, I allowed a fellow to talk me into letting him "help" me tear down and rebuild the deck off the back of our house. As some of you may remember, the area under our deck is our chicken run space, and it's worked out really well for us that way. For a number of reasons, and without going into details, the project turned out to be a much more of a nightmare than it needed to be, and dragged on for many weeks. The experience was so unsettling to the chicks that they began digging up large areas of our backyard grass. Long story short, it became very obvious that there would not be enough time for me to set up the chicken accomodations before the snow flew, so we had to rehome the girls.

Our current plan is to take a year off from chickens and get our yard in order, then see if we are ready to start again next year. Or course, seeing all the new chicks here is testing my resolve.

So since I can't properly pay tax with chicken photos, here is a photo of two of Ash's eggs that I scrambled up this morning for breakfast. These eggs have been in storage in a bucket on a shelf in my basement since Jan 2023, so fifteen months after they were laid. I could not tell any difference in the texture, taste, or smell from when they were freshly laid. It's really an amazing way to preserve fresh eggs.

View attachment 3805703

View attachment 3805704

View attachment 3805705View attachment 3805707

I hope life smiles on all of you, and Alex, it's good to see you with a new batch of fluff!
Good to hear from you, and so glad the Synopsis is helpful. It is sometimes hard to know if it is appreciated!
So sorry getting to the ‘after’ was so painful, but it looks great and very welcoming for some chickens!

My rent a coop does NOT shut off, you are absolutely right that, that shouldn’t be happening. It must be faulty. I am so sorry to hear this, I would be frustrated and a bit mad tbh!

See if you can perhaps find the small Rent a coop or Brinsea brooder plates. They both have good track records of being very dependable and trouble free.
X2

Hello all,

View attachment 3805703

View attachment 3805704

View attachment 3805705View attachment 3805707

Good to hear from you! The porch does look great. I am sorry to hear the project ended up in delays and that you had to rehome your chickens. That sounds like a whole lotta unasked for drama :(

Here’s to your beautiful new porch and to new chickens (when your ready) 🥂

Thank you for the kudos on the synopsis, I am very glad to hear it is useful 💗.

Back
Top Bottom