A Transition

Now that we have given Lilly her due, it is time to transition to a new leader. Nature does not give us time to mourn, we must move on quickly for the good of the tribe.

To say she is fierce is an understatement. The current leader of the tribe fought her way to the top. In fact, I have video evidence of how she battled her way to the position.

The video below is of an extended competition between Aurora and Hattie for number 2 in the tribe behind Lilly. In this instance Hattie wins. The day this took place there were 3 such confrontations. I only caught the third and final one on video.

Watch how Lilly tries to intervene early and then puts the final stamp on Aurora after Aurora has conceded to Hattie. Even Sansa had a thought about becoming involved and then wisely stayed out of it.

At some point, unobserved by me, Aurora would work her way past Hattie but on this day Hattie held on to her position.

It seems that a regular 40W light bulb is sufficient for keeping the temperature of the brooder at 90f
Brooding box- Walmart 18x34x19 tote bin.
Heat lamp and frame- TSC
Chick starter feed- Evan’s tack and feed
Occupants- Both Porterville feed, and Evan’s T&F
Pine shavings- TSC
Sedatives and high blood pressure medication for the stress of chick 🐣 management- Sequoia Health and Wellness Center Visalia ca!
:barnie :lau

It seems that a regular 40W light bulb is sufficient for keeping the temperature of the brooder at 90f
Brooding box- Walmart 18x34x19 tote bin.
Heat lamp and frame- TSC
Chick starter feed- Evan’s tack and feed
Occupants- Both Porterville feed, and Evan’s T&F
Pine shavings- TSC
Sedatives and high blood pressure medication for the stress of chick 🐣 management- Sequoia Health and Wellness Center Visalia ca!
:barnie :lau
You're going to have to turn the light off at night. Keeping it on would be terrible for the chicks.

A Transition

Now that we have given Lilly her due, it is time to transition to a new leader. Nature does not give us time to mourn, we must move on quickly for the good of the tribe.

To say she is fierce is an understatement. The current leader of the tribe fought her way to the top. In fact, I have video evidence of how she battled her way to the position.

The video below is of an extended competition between Aurora and Hattie for number 2 in the tribe behind Lilly. In this instance Hattie wins. The day this took place there were 3 such confrontations. I only caught the third and final one on video.

Watch how Lilly tries to intervene early and then puts the final stamp on Aurora after Aurora has conceded to Hattie. Even Sansa had a thought about becoming involved and then wisely stayed out of it.

At some point, unobserved by me, Aurora would work her way past Hattie but on this day Hattie held on to her position.

Amazing how they interact with each other. Even violently! My tribe has had its share of squabbles and fights, but not to that extent. :eek: My “Rockettes” know each one’s place in the order. The Queen used to be The Beethov-Hen, but order was passed on to her sister, The beautiful Hen-Rietta, who rules with a soft but firm touch.
It’s a lot of drama but I find it amazing! :old

You should try and order a brooder pad for your next batch of chicks. It does the chicks a lot of favors. Make sure it's a good one.

Edit: Order it now. I'm serious.
I don’t know what to tell you, my problem with ordering online is delivery. I will look into that today maybe to a store in town. They can’t deliver to my house because of theft (my house is #A in a whole block of houses from #A to #V all with the same address. That’s why I have a POBOX (who rarely accepts packages)

I don’t know what to tell you, my problem with ordering online is delivery. I will look into that today maybe to a store in town. They can’t deliver to my house because of theft (my house is #A in a whole block of houses from #A to #V all with the same address. That’s why I have a POBOX (who rarely accepts packages)
Someone here suggested one of those amazon locker pick up points. Have it sent to the closest one, and get it from there. It's worth the hassle for happy chicks.

Back
Top Bottom