They hopped in my car! They told ‘drive Hooman drive or we will peck you’.

Sooooo, what’s a Hooman to do?!
There is some strong enabling in this thread...
I'm resistant to hatching/buying more chicks. Plus, I already am looking at a possible 2 roos in my chick flock... can't have 4 roos, not enough hens for that.

I'm resistant to hatching/buying more chicks. Plus, I already am looking at a possible 2 roos in my chick flock... can't have 4 roos, not enough hens for that.
Which is why I don’t hatch eggs!

The answer is simple, when you know for sure…. Get more hens! :old

How many hens? What kind/size of roosters? It all depends on their personalities and size. And whether your older rooster(s) will keep them in line without being too aggressive.
I have 3 roosters & an 7mo old cockerel in one coop with 4 hens they are bantams. I have one extra large rooster and 20+ standard hens from small to xl, 2 bantam cockerels around 5 months, 3 bantam roosters, and 8 bantam hens in another pen, and 4 boys in a bachelor's coop. They all roam together. None of my hens show much in the way of wear and tear.
I never wanted bantams because I'd have to start out straight run, now I love them. They are so easy going and manageable.
I'm not enabling...just encouraging you to enjoy yourself and any new chicks that hop in your car.😁

How many hens? What kind/size of roosters? It all depends on their personalities and size. And whether your older rooster(s) will keep them in line without being too aggressive.
I have 3 roosters & an 7mo old cockerel in one coop with 4 hens they are bantams. I have one extra large rooster and 20+ standard hens from small to xl, 2 bantam cockerels around 5 months, 3 bantam roosters, and 8 bantam hens in another pen, and 4 boys in a bachelor's coop. They all roam together. None of my hens show much in the way of wear and tear.
I never wanted bantams because I'd have to start out straight run, now I love them. They are so easy going and manageable.
I'm not enabling...just encouraging you to enjoy yourself and any new chicks that hop in your car.😁
You had a N scale train set as a child, didn’t you? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom