Call me lazy if you want to, but chick sitting is my favorite thing to do. I hired a kid from down the street to weed whack my yard.
(So I can have precious moments with the littles)
Apparently my BIL will mow my lawn today! I will see when I get home if that happened 😊

So my sister and BIL are now installed in my house having sold theirs. They are both retired and will now look at trucks and RVs, and look for a new smaller house.

In the meantime my BIL has vacuumed the whole house and did some housework, and brought up some feed to the barn for me on a trolly as it’s to soft and wet to drive the truck up to the barn.

He help me but up the ‘summer door’ so the swallows can come and go at will. Handy having him around!

And he can see his chooks he ‘donated’ to me - of course he calls them different names than I do, he calls Red, Lonestar…..

Last edited:
Apparently my BIL will mow my lawn today! I will see when I get home if that happened 😊

So my sister and BIL are now installed in my house having sold theirs. They are both retired and will now look at trucks and RVs, and look for a new smaller house.

In the meantime my BIL has vacuumed the whole house and did some housework, and brought up some feed to the barn for me on a trolly as it’s to soft and wet to drive the truck up to the barn.

He help me but up the ‘summer door’ so the swallows can come and go at will. Handy having home around!
If they can't find a house, send them here. He sounds likes he is very handy.

The wardrobe comment reminded me of one of my kid’s books, Mr. Watson’s Chickens. It’s amazing!

View attachment 3817441
It’s this couple where one of them gets hit by Kelly-level chicken math, and the flock just keeps growing. I don’t doubt for a second that the author must have real first hand experience 😂

View attachment 3817442
Look at all those crested birds 😁 Lol and the weirdo EE with the beard on the bottom right.
I will have to look for this, reminds me of one of my favorites "But no Elephants"

But the post said they were continuing to scream and @LhickenChicken didn’t think they would stop any time soon.
When I have had chicks get cold and scream they stop the minute they get some heat. Like throwing a switch.
Continuous screaming sounds like something is wrong.
Maybe scared? Maybe not warm enough? Hard to know. I used a brooder and the minute I shove them under there they stop. They like to snuggle and be warm and under ‘mama’ in the dark where it’s warm.

Don’t have enough info…

Back
Top Bottom