:th
I am so glad I didn’t know anything about this broody stuff when I first got chickens. It might have put me off.
Sylvie is in jail. She is NOT a model prisoner. Tassels was very well behaved apart from trying to convince me she was no longer broody so I would let her out and she could go back to her nest.
Sylvie is looking for every way to escape. I overheard her talking to Pooh about smuggling in contraband. And she shouts constantly.
Nonetheless I may try releasing her on parole at bed time to see if she will roost.
If she tries to go back to the nest, she may have a fight on her hands because Piglet has decided to commit.
Piglet is a whole new ballgame for me. I tried to reach under her to gather eggs this morning and nearly lost a finger. She is small ….. but she is fierce!

Broody tax: Sylvie in jail
View attachment 3821684

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
View attachment 3821700
You got some crazies there! Wow!

Pony Sunday

Just checking out my fruit trees to see how much pruning they need - lots 🤨

My peach trees need serious pruning
3EBDAA75-C53E-4771-B537-BE58A675709C.jpeg

This one I have been letting go wild - bad Kelly.
41588690-4910-4B20-9E36-1DF76151FD72.jpeg

my plum tree - smells heavenly.
91B79443-DC83-41DB-86E5-870518DB3B51.jpeg

This small plum I pruned last year but will do it again.
06E46F26-890B-4C59-81CA-2000B32FDCE7.jpeg

I will also do something with this Magnolia tree. It needs to be cut back to force the main trunk to grow better.

I also have a few cherry and pear trees to work on.

:th
I am so glad I didn’t know anything about this broody stuff when I first got chickens. It might have put me off.
Sylvie is in jail. She is NOT a model prisoner. Tassels was very well behaved apart from trying to convince me she was no longer broody so I would let her out and she could go back to her nest.
Sylvie is looking for every way to escape. I overheard her talking to Pooh about smuggling in contraband. And she shouts constantly.
Nonetheless I may try releasing her on parole at bed time to see if she will roost.
If she tries to go back to the nest, she may have a fight on her hands because Piglet has decided to commit.
Piglet is a whole new ballgame for me. I tried to reach under her to gather eggs this morning and nearly lost a finger. She is small ….. but she is fierce!

Broody tax: Sylvie in jail
View attachment 3821684

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
View attachment 3821700
Be brave! Just grab her up and tell l her no babies!

(That works for me….. no not really)

Pony Sunday

View attachment 3821884

View attachment 3821886

View attachment 3821887

View attachment 3821885

I will also do something with this Magnolia tree. It needs to be cut back to force the main trunk to grow better.

What a lovely time of year when there are buds everywhere 😊 Do you get many fruit? Or are the trees still too young?

Our trees just finished flowering and are working on leaves. I set up mason bees for the first time (do you have those?) but am afraid we missed the prime fertilizing pollinating window.

Pony Sunday

View attachment 3821884

View attachment 3821886

View attachment 3821887

View attachment 3821885

What lovely trees, what kind of peaches do you have?

:(This is probably the saddest post I have ever done here on BYC. I had to go to town this morning, and upon my return home I found Sir Jaffar lying in the run passed away. One of his spurs was hooked up to the chain link, as if fighting off a threat to his ladies. So, he’s gone and I am devastated.:th:hit
I am so sorry Alex. I know this is a late post. I hope the pain has eased. Sir Jaffar has had a great life and is continuing his wonderful life in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom