What is keeping Hen-Rietta alive is beyond me. She hasn’t eaten anything in three days. She’s got yellow watery discharge and I haven’t seen her drinking anything either. I took her out from the yard and she’s with me in the air conditioning
There’s nothing I can do for her really. She is a leghorn and stubborn as ever. I tried many different items of her favorite food, but she turns her beak up at me.

Oh, Hen-Rietta... I wish I could give you hugs, dear lady.
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs
Share them with Alex.

My grandmother's name was Henrietta. I look like her.
IMG_3948.jpeg

:celebrateYay for you! So exciting!
Thank you! I’m paying for him tomorrow. I went to see him today and gave him some treats that I bought.
@Pastel the Rooster , just a note, during summer and fall, it's also possible that you could save on feed as well by using a balancer.
my brain isn’t working… what’s a balancer? He only eats two pounds of food a day (I think? Or maybe it’s one..) I’d have to take a picture of how much he gets tomorrow.

Thank you! I’m paying for him tomorrow. I went to see him today and gave him some treats that I bought.

my brain isn’t working… what’s a balancer? He only eats two pounds of food a day (I think? Or maybe it’s one..) I’d have to take a picture of how much he gets tomorrow.
It's a diet stabilizer, to give them extras that aren't in their forage. That way they don't gain weight, but don't lose necessary nutrients. This is one I've used:
1-1195184463.jpg

@Ponypoor and @RebeccaBoyd, what saddle brand would you recommend? I’d want a saddle that will last a long time. Probably an English all round saddle.
Tax: Ruby’s comb flopped over a few weeks ago and it’s adorable. I love this BR so much. She’s been chasing the chicks though.View attachment 3829002
I will leave it to @Ponypoor for english saddles. We use western saddles. Rosie and dad each have their own Fabertron trail saddles for daily use. Mom's pride and joy and the saddle she thinks Rosie should show Russ in is our American 250. It is old, heavy but very well made and will last for many many more years to come. We have the matching bridle, and breast strap to go with it.

Here is the #250.
DSCN3074.JPG
DSCN3075.JPG

The trail saddles were bought new and were between 300 to 400 plus shipping. I like them, they are lightweight and comfortable. The show saddle, the entire set was bought off ebay and not cheap. I think between 700 to 800 used mind you. While it was used it had been taken very good care of and worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom