Just before the thunder storm
1000002188.jpg

What a cutie. So glad you saved it.
Hoping it’s eating some baby mice and rats! After that first rat I caught in the trap last week the only thing I am catching now are thumbs…. Snap! Ouch!

I will check in another hr to see if there are any more out there, it’s mild and sunny for once!

What did you just call me?!

I'll show you borealis!!!!

View attachment 3829393
I apologize your majesty, I shall clarify, you are named after one of the most awe inspiring natural phenomena on this planet - Aurora Borealis.

Aurora means light and you are certainly a glorious shining light, and Borealis means northern or north. And you are certainly the Queen of all points of the compass which includes the north. This phenomenon is also called the Northern Lights.

When we gaze upon the Aurora Borealis we are indeed gazing upon you in all your glory.

Long love Queen Aurora, she is indeed a shining light.

🌹

You have gotten some good recommendations. Now here is a bit of advice.

The acquisition of tack is a rabbit hole you do not want to go down.
If you count the bareback saddle pad that Rosie has used once we have 4 saddles. I think we have 8 saddle pads. 4 bridles with 5 extra sets of reins and bits galore. 5 lead ropes, 6 halters.

2 horses.

Russ has a bit and Dirt has his own bit, if they change bridles the bit gets changed as well. Rosie does not like split reins so she also has to change bridle reins. All the saddles and saddle pads can be used on Russ, she uses the same saddle and pad every time. Dirt has a halter that is exclusively his. Russ has the Blue one. Why do I have the others. Lead ropes, well, those do get misplaced, don't ask me how. Helmets. I have 4 riding helmets, 1 is a child size rest all fit Rosie. Those are very necessary and good to have at least 1 extra. If you fall and hit your head the helmet has to be trashed. We have blankets for the boys that have never been used. The list of small things like hoof picks, brushes, combs, I cannot count.

All that tack, a small fortune in tack. To top it off at horse shows I have to drag her out of the tack trailer that sets up at the horse shows. Most times unsuccessfully.

This, this right here is how she prefers to ride.
View attachment 3829468
If she could show Russ bareback she would. Russ does not even need the bridle and bit. He neck reins and she has been known to hop on him with just the halter and lead rope on. What she is using though is her helmet.

I have very few rules with what she does with Russ. She does something stupid and falls off and breaks a bone it is on her. I did enforce the no jumping rule when he hit 19. The 1 rule that has been in place since day 1. The rule she breaks I will kill her and sell the horse. Until she is 18 her head is mine. She will wear a helmet at ALL times she is on him or any horse. She wants a new helmet, lets go helmet shopping.

tax.
View attachment 3829474
Is that Butters? Or one of the youngsters?

(Yes no boots no helmet no riding)

Back
Top Bottom