Foamy eyes

Chickentender333

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2023
First time chicken owner. So everything is new to me. Chicken started with watery eyes 3 days ago, then last two days I've noticed bubbles in the corner of one eye. She's still eating and drinking. But today she seems a little less active and making some soft noises. Any thoughts what it may be? What I can give her? Thanks

Attachments

• 20231001_095340.jpg
    20231001_095340.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 34
Bubbles in the eyes can often indicate Mycoplasma.

General care is to flush the eye with saline, remove any pus/debris/bubbles, then apply an eye ointment like Terramcyin.

If her condition worsens or you notice other respiratory symptoms, then an antibiotic like Tylan/Tylosin or Tiamulin can help with symptoms.

General care is to flush the eye with saline, remove any pus/debris/bubbles, then apply an eye ointment like Terramcyin.

If her condition worsens or you notice other respiratory symptoms, then an antibiotic like Tylan/Tylosin or Tiamulin can help with symptoms.

Thank you. She didn't come out of the coop this morning. I don't see any other respiratory symptoms. But she's being real quiet and keeping to herself. I don't really have anywhere I can quarantine her, will she be okay to stay in the run? Or do I need to figure out separating her?

If she's ill enough that the others may hurt her, then yes I would separate until she's feeling better. MG is extremely contagious so the others have already been exposed, if that's what it is. Separating now wouldn't really make a difference. You have to assume they have all already been exposed.
More on MG here:
https://poultrykeeper.com/respiratory-problems/mycoplasma/

Back
Top Bottom