Fodder seed recommendations?

Is there any soil in your bins or fertilizer in the water? Or just plain water and the seeds left to grow? I have an extra little greenhouse that I would love to do this with.

There is no soil in the bins, no fertilizer in the water. All you do is water the seeds several times a day. :D I wrote up a great article (if I do say so myself) with day by day instructions on how to do this!

We lucked out- we have a organic seed store near us and they do ship-

They have nearly everything - alfalfa, buckwheat, barley, oats, peas, beans and sunflower in bulk. Though mainly organic - they also have conventional seed. Ask them for what you are looking for as we make our own mix and haven't found a better place.

They also have the minerals in bulk if you add kelp, calcium or grit to your fodder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started my first batch of barley and couldn't be more excited to see how this turns out! So excited, in fact, I placed seed order from Johnnyseed.com for another pound of organic barley, white clover, buckweet, and rye! My dinning room is going to look like a sprout farm in no time.

I am probably on the wrong post I'm having a hard time figuring out the site through my phone but I was wondering if anybody has used Kentucky 31 from Pennington Grass Seed my husband put it on my lawn yesterday and now I'm afraid to let my chickens out

Back
Top Bottom