Fodder seed recommendations?

We've managed to get 5 pounds each of rye grain and BOSS, so we're gearing up to begin soaking tonight. We found great American-made bins at our local dollar store - in a lovely shade of blue that matches the house (the rack is going on the back porch, so I sort of mind). We have an off-brand Metroshelving unit, a tarp wrap around and some drainage pans, hubby is drilling holes in the bins now.

So excited, I need pics! :D

I saw a hydro-ponic setup for whaet grass on farmtek a few weeks ago..... as well for lettuce and greens

The article is better organized - a'la Day One, Day Two, etc. but the pictures were asked for so I gave them. :D

I'm visual too, but I didn't want to bore folks to tears with pictures of itty-bitty sprouts.

yea i saw that same thing in farmtex,i want to have that system so bad but don't have that much livestock/polutry
.Seem to b a neat idea

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/cat1a;ft1_fodder_systems.html

Fodder & Hydroponic Systems

Optimize the general health and performance of your animals and livestock, while minimizing feed costs. The Fodder-Pro Feed System allows you to grow your own nutrient-rich fodder for just pennies a pound. FarmTek also offers hydroponic growing systems, aeroponic systems, hydroponic gardening equipment, NFT channels, hydroponics gardening supplies and plant grow lights. Hydroponically grown plants grow up to 50% faster and produce higher yields of better quality vegetables, fruits, herbs and flowers. Hydroponic growing removes the need for soil, eliminating soil-borne diseases and pests, weeds, and the use of herbicides and pesticides, while producing 10 times the amount of vegetables as traditional farming. Hydroponic systems also reduce water waste and the amount of natural resources needed to grow while allowing complete control over climate, nutrients and growing conditions.

now to come up with 2k to make it a venture for IRS write downs

Is there any soil in your bins or fertilizer in the water? Or just plain water and the seeds left to grow? I have an extra little greenhouse that I would love to do this with.

Back
Top Bottom