Fom Malaysia With Chickens

Zam, thanks for sharing pictures of your coop and chickens. It looks like the kids are enjoying them!

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Actually, you all did better jobs than I am
clap.gif

Personally I'd like to thanks to all of the BYC members for sharing their coops pics, techniques, & all of your DIY stuffs in related to raising chickens. That was amazing job guys.... Obviously, I learn a lot from you all...keep this website ALIVE for many enthusiast out there want to learn from you all here. Keep on the SHARING spirit...

I came across so many beautiful( i mean it) coops pics here in BYC that catch my eyes to come out with my own. At first, I was aiming building a 3'x4' coop size with 5'x4' for the coop run. But then, I saw this StrawberryHouseMouse - The Hen Duplex which is more practical in my opinion & close to my personal taste. The reasons are :
a) it has a semi-detached look
b) have 2 section to divide 2 flocks of different types/age or to separate the hen with it chicks later.
c) it utilize the below coop area to become their run as well.
d) I can implement the deep litter method, not in the coop, but in their run.

I follow the concept with some modifications.

Here in Malaysia we have no 4 season like most of you living in the west. It is very hot and when it come to rain, it rains heavily...that is why the F1 race session being halt in many session in Sepang Circuit...ok, this got nothing to do with chickens
big_smile.png
What I mean is, air circulation is very important..Most of you having closed main coop...I leave my main coop with the front side having just the hardware wire cloth and closed the other siding , to improve air circulation. During weekend I'll let them down to play at the below section.

Current situation/problem that I encounter so far :
a) battling with fly & odors (top priority to solved)
b) Eagle & a pack of wild dogs disturbing them during dawn...luckily it was build with wire cloth. I'm thinking of having slingshot now.
c) Remember the old timer that I told you in the earlier post ?? He also want to renovate his coop to be the same as mine
lol.png
.. Definitely I'll help him out
wink.png

-zam-

Hi y’all BYC forumers.....its been almost 7 months from the 1st batch that had already hatched & they all grown very well now…We already ate 4 of them...My lovely wife made a chicken soup out of them. Put it in several plastic container & we distribute it to our neighbour here to have a taste. That is really satisfying & yes, they also got some eggs for free...
Here is a video of them ...hope you enjoy it...
thumbsup.gif

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom