FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Matthew, I don't understand what you mean. I am interested though. A little help please?
big_smile.png
I meant it by having more health care when it comes to mental hospitals. Cheaper for people to go to them, maybe have a couple commercials put out there to make it be better to go to one. Also some cheaper therapists.

he.gif
Some of you are no only missing the point, but you are either not reading all of the posts or are ignoring the facts. Gun violence needs to stop.
We have to make it harder for crazies to get their hands on guns. There is no excuse for gun violence. Guns and cars are two different things. Guns are not bad, people are...so lets not go after the guns, go after the people...STOP PROTECTING CRAZIES - STOP ACTING CRAZY - STOP GLORIFYING CRAZY!!!!
We already do. People who have visited the loony bin are not allowed to own firearms. What more do you want from the population to stop the "crazies"? Lock everyone up that has some form of a mental disease no matter how mild it is?

We already do. People who have visited the loony bin are not allowed to own firearms. What more do you want from the population to stop the "crazies"? Lock everyone up that has some form of a mental disease no matter how mild it is?
Not lock them up, but make it really, really hard to get guns... It is way to easy.

The SROs at my kids school are not rent-a-cops, they are cops. They can't change the laws of physics and get someplace faster, better etc. Police arrived at the Aurora theater in 90 seconds; the cops at my kid's school would have trouble getting from their portables to the back of the first building in 90 seconds. If the building was locked down, it would take even longer.

In case you think I'm expanding the size of the school, here is the map. The SROs are in portables, in front of the parking lot, in front of the school.

Columbine High School, Virginia Tech both had cops: http://www.businessinsider.com/there-were-police-officers-at-columbine-2012-12

I still say cops on campus would do nothing more than provide a false sense of security.

I still haven't seen anyone give a real reason that a civilian needs 30 round and larger clips. So they are fun to shoot; go to a shooting range, where the guns are kept, and shoot at the range. Why does a civilian need armor piercing bullets? Why do they need military grade sniper rifles? Why shouldn't these be regulated? The only arguments I've seen against regulations are that it violates the 2nd amendment; which is balderdash. The courts have ruled that regulation doesn't violate the second amendment. No one is saying "take away the guns".

Last edited:
The SROs at my kids school are not rent-a-cops, they are cops. They can't change the laws of physics and get someplace faster, better etc. Police arrived at the Aurora theater in 90 seconds; the cops at my kid's school would have trouble getting from their portables to the back of the first building in 90 seconds. If the building was locked down, it would take even longer.

Columbine High School, Virginia Tech both had cops: http://www.businessinsider.com/there-were-police-officers-at-columbine-2012-12

I still haven't seen anyone give a real reason that a civilian needs 30 round and larger clips. So they are fun to shoot; go to a shooting range, where the guns are kept, and shoot at the range. Why does a civilian need armor piercing bullets? Why do they need military grade sniper rifles? Why shouldn't these be regulated? The only arguments I've seen against regulations are that it violates the 2nd amendment; which is balderdash. The courts have ruled that regulation doesn't violate the second amendment. No one is saying "take away the guns".
"Military grade sniper rifles" at one point the good ol long bow was a military grade sniper rifle. A winchester repeater use to be the "assault" rifle of its age. All relative as soon as our government gets the rail guns working you will be fine a peachy about people having Ar-15's and "sniper" rifles. Instead you will be arguing about rail guns and why a civilian needs one of those.

Why shouldn't we have 30 round clips? Why get rid of them? Why should we allow civilians to drive hummers they don't need them. Just as effective when driving a sedan.
Armor piercing bullets is simple when people rob banks with body armor or rob your house or store.

Last edited:
I don't really care that the long bow was the "sniper rifle" of it's time. We are talking about real guns in the 21st century.

Why does a civilian need 30+ round magazines, and armor piercing bullets?

I don't really care that the long bow was the "sniper rifle" of it's time. We are talking about real guns in the 21st century.

Why does a civilian need 30+ round magazines, and armor piercing bullets?

Its all the same. Relative on the time period. What is so wrong with a 30 round magazine? Maybe someone hates loading or they are impaired and it is far easier to load one 30 round magazine and practice with that instead of constantly reloading 10 rounds or 5 rounds. Armor piercing bullets are useful since people rob business establishments with body armor. Every single rifle that a person calls a hunting rifle was also a sniper rifle at one point. 30-06 for example.

I don't even own 30 round magazine the most I own is a magazine for my .380 that allows it to hold 14 rounds instead of the original 7 I believe it was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom