Status
Not open for further replies.

TallChickMagnet

Songster
7 Years
Apr 30, 2012
Jurupa Valley, CA
FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

1. Bullets and booze: In Missouri, law-abiding citizens can carry a gun while intoxicated and even fire it if "acting in se...lf-defense."

2. Child-safety lock off: In Kansas, permit holders can carry concealed weapons inside K-12 schools and at school-sponsored activities.

3. Short arm of the law: In Utah, a person under felony indictment can buy a gun, and a person charged with a violent crime may be able to retain a concealed weapon permit.

4. Nebraskans who've pled guilty to a violent crime can get a permit to carry a gun.

5. Sweet Jesus! In Louisiana, permit holders can carry concealed weapons inside houses of worship.

6. Without a trace: Virginia not only repealed a law requiring handgun vendors to submit sales records, but the state also ordered the destruction of all such previous records.

The article advocates for more safety in schools. It's not exactly controversial......why would you expect a response?

Because the original Op is clamoring for common sense legislation in the form of better gun control but here is a top law enforcement official saying there is a multi-pronged approach. Most of which is requiring people to be more responsible. A concept that some refuse to do. I would never pick a fight and run away or I will stand and take my licks. But I guess that is just me.

Mostly he is referring to schools but it is also a good fundamental for all things in life. People just refuse to be responsible for anything anymore. it is always somebody else's fault. Our beloved politicians are great at that.

Last edited:
Quote:
Lmao
Don't be naive as a man who has been employed by the government for a long time , running Ops inside and outside the united states , we surly need to worry about our government just as much as any other country .
maybe more so , at least other countries let you know where you stand, here we lie and hide behind a false democracy when we are truly a regime

Anyhow , i think this thread has gotten way to political and im out , maybe the mods should give this one the boot before people get all butt hurt

Look into Vermont Gun Laws, I like my freedoms, and I do not think making more laws taking away freedoms from people are going to make the world a safer place. I feel safer knowing that any number of good guys could be carrying concealed ..... and the bad guys feel less safe knowing that.

I don't want to offend anybody, I respect your right to feel differently. I just don't understand why every time a bad guy does something horrendous people think more laws will make it all better. I think the exact opposite ....... things like that ain't gonna happen in Vermont. A crazy would be lucky to get off 2-3 rounds before every good guy/gal present returned fire. The NRA is standing up for our rights, not promoting violence. Again, this is what I believe, not meant to offend people with differing views. ....

Make more Laws and the crazies are the only ones with guns ...... they don't follow the Laws anyways ....... what does that accomplish?

Last edited:

In the Oregon mall shooting, if I am reading news reports correctly, a man with a CCW gun confronted the shooter shortly before the shooter took his own life.
Here's a list of other shootings where a gun owner shot or confronted the attacker:
http://www.volokh.com/2012/12/14/do...capture-kill-or-otherwise-stop-mass-shooters/

Would legal gun owners stop every single shooting from ever happening? No, and few people believe that would be the case.
Can legal gun owners use their weapon to possibly stop a shooter from killing more people, far sooner than the police? In some, perhaps many, cases, yes. It depends greatly on the situation at hand.
Is stationing an armed guard, or arming the staff, at every school the right and only choice? No, I don't believe so.
Some schools might benefit from having a guard, or armed staff, but that should be a decision the school district makes, not one forced upon them.

I don't support the NRA because I don't agree with their politics, which is the same reason I don't support the Brady Campaign either.
I'm rather displeased with the attention on media violence and gun availability, and the limited mention of the declining mental health situation in the US. Many of the shooters this year have been mentally unwell, and while most mentally ill people are not more prone to committing violent crimes, some are and those few would benefit greatly from a proper mental health system. By proper I mean one that offers long term behavioral therapy and not simply a buffet of drugs to experiment with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom