FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did the NRA come out against gun insurance ? I don't know if they are because I don't read everything that comes out of they office but I wouldn't think their against gun insurance. Do you have some proof that this isn't some made up thing ?
They offer their own insurance

Quote:

When did the NRA come out against gun insurance ? I don't know if they are because I don't read everything that comes out of they office but I wouldn't think their against gun insurance. Do you have some proof that this isn't some made up thing ?
They're not against insuring the guns, they are against mandatory gun liability insurance...

In the Oregon mall shooting, if I am reading news reports correctly, a man with a CCW gun confronted the shooter shortly before the shooter took his own life.
Here's a list of other shootings where a gun owner shot or confronted the attacker:
http://www.volokh.com/2012/12/14/do...capture-kill-or-otherwise-stop-mass-shooters/

Would legal gun owners stop every single shooting from ever happening? No, and few people believe that would be the case.
Can legal gun owners use their weapon to possibly stop a shooter from killing more people, far sooner than the police? In some, perhaps many, cases, yes. It depends greatly on the situation at hand.
Is stationing an armed guard, or arming the staff, at every school the right and only choice? No, I don't believe so.
Some schools might benefit from having a guard, or armed staff, but that should be a decision the school district makes, not one forced upon them.

I don't support the NRA because I don't agree with their politics, which is the same reason I don't support the Brady Campaign either.
I'm rather displeased with the attention on media violence and gun availability, and the limited mention of the declining mental health situation in the US. Many of the shooters this year have been mentally unwell, and while most mentally ill people are not more prone to committing violent crimes, some are and those few would benefit greatly from a proper mental health system. By proper I mean one that offers long term behavioral therapy and not simply a buffet of drugs to experiment with.

3. Short arm of the law: In Utah, a person under felony indictment can buy a gun, and a person charged with a violent crime may be able to retain a concealed weapon permit.

I have to point out that a person is innocent until proven guilty. Of course neither of these things can happen once guilt has been proven in a court of law.

They're not against insuring the guns, they are against mandatory gun liability insurance...

What is the point of Mandatory Liability Insurance for legal gun owners ? Are we sued often or something? Just curious.

And like I said I like my freedoms ...... so I'm anti mandatory anything .... without very good reason for it.

Last edited:
If you ever use a firearm in self defense, you will likely be sued either by the person who was shot or their family. It's the way that our legal system works. There is always a lawyer somewhere ready to make quick buck whether it's right or wrong.

That is a great reason to consider the Insurance on an individual basis, but it's a pretty big "if" to justify Mandatory Insurance Laws.

So true about the Lawyers .........
smile.png

That's why if you shoot, make sure you kill.

That's the way cops are trained.

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I see there is some good reason not to carry a gun in chucrches but there has been people killed with a gun in churches ok well then there is schools oh wait there has been people killed in schools ok both if someone else had a gun in both places maybe it would not of been so bad the number of people killed, I know it is hard to be one that a gun has ended the life of a loved one and no I have no idea of what it is like my family or any of my friends have not been shot down BUT I will say the gun laws SHOULD BE TIGHTEN UP here in NC to get a gun permit and maybe all people SHOULD HAVE THIS you need to have a evalution done a mental evalution then you go through a gun course to teach you of how to handle a gun right I would assume don't point it at any9one in fun know how many get shot with unloaded guns?? this means for those who don't understand the person doesn't check the gun and thinks it is unloaded I have been there thought I did not pull the trigger it was loaded, My husband hunts and we ere in his building behind the trailer we have and a 16 gage was on the wall I am versed in guns and know better anyhow I took the gun and was swinging it around up down side to side aiming at one point it was at my then boyfriend but never had my finger on the trigger well then I got the thougth is it load why would a loaed gun be around the building is locked unless someone is in there and my husband has the key anyhow I then checked to see HOLY HOLY it is loaded I got sick my then boyfriend now husband said I looked like I seen a ghost truely I might of that is all I check all guns no matter what people say I never want to see this in my hands again with thinking it is not loaded.

But now to get a shot gun or muzzle loader you can get it as soon as you pay for it and asault weapions I was under the impression a civilain can't get one as this is for fully automatic weapons it is impossible for a civilain to get one. UNLESS on the street. see what I don't get is if some one is to want to do a crime as just of late it didn't matter they would of found someone who would give them a gun or guns, it is like someone who wants to comit suicide (sorry only thing I can think of) you maybe be able to stop them a few time but if they are that wanted to no matter they WILL do it they will find a way no matter what you do this I think is the same thing if a peson is going to kill with a gun they will find a way stricter guns laws for some may be the answer but it is the guns floating out there then are not legal that will find them in the hands of those who WANT to kill not the lincesed ones oh sure the ones who have them in the house is easy acess true but to take all the guns away from all the poeple no there still is guns floating around I lived in Levittown PA and I was on the streets for a while I seen things I don't want to even think about and I could of got a gun so dang easy so now what how do you stop the gun flow in a state you live in then what it comes from a state next to you and so on.

I think all guns should be lincesed all should have a metal evautuion and all should have gun safty course that way we could weed out some poeple ok it will not weed out poeple who buy a gun for someone else but it will lesssen the crazies maybe.

Rhayden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom