FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have no idea what to do but you criticize someone with an idea.
Who had an idea? I criticized no one for a real idea, read the posts. I did make fun of stupidity. I started this thread to keep the conversation going about a real problem that we are having. I never said that I have all of the answers, but we all need to acknowledge that there is a problem, not cover it up with misdirection, irrelevance, and 'it don't matter' attitudes... hidden under the cloak of the gun freedom.

Last edited:
It is not the job of one individual to come up with the answers, but the congress and senate that we elect to do it for us.

It is that kind of attitude and mindset that truly scares me. Then you have no idea what your elected officials are planing to do, and as long as they say they are going to do "something" they have your vote.

I don't even know what to say anymore. This is the REAL danger that America faces.

It is that kind of attitude and mindset that truly scares me. Then you have no idea what your elected officials are planing to do, and as long as they say they are going to do "something" they have your vote.

I don't even know what to say anymore. This is the REAL danger that America faces.
Misdirection, and irrelevance. I never said not to pay attention to what they are doing or voting on. I said that it was their jobs. The danger in America is people not caring for other people, selfishness, greed, and misplacing blame... as I said earlier, a number of times, guns are not the problem, people are. We have to keep the guns out of the hands of curtain people, even if it take a little longer to get approved for ownership or carrying...

So.........when a State like CT where the Newtown shooting took place, has strict gun laws, which it has.........How do you explain this failure? Could to be that "crazies" like that scum don't check the laws first before they go off? Or would it possibly be........the complete refusal of anti gun advocates to see that the lowest rate of gun violence is in states where the "right to carry" is protected. Most of these low life's are bullies, and cowards, knowing a "gun free zone is safe for them to commit mayhem, without consequences.
Just look at the reality, not the emotional, knee-jerk response.
My two cents worth.......

Quote; " We have to keep the guns out of the hands of curtain people, even if it take a little longer to get approved for ownership or carrying..."

Maybe we should chop "certain" hands off "certain" people like in Thailand?? ..... I'll leave you at peace with your thread. Good luck and happy holidays.

Last edited:
So.........when a State like CT where the Newtown shooting took place, has strict gun laws, which it has.........How do you explain this failure? Could to be that "crazies" like that scum don't check the laws first before they go off? Or would it possibly be........the complete refusal of anti gun advocates to see that the lowest rate of gun violence is in states where the "right to carry" is protected. Most of these low life's are bullies, and cowards, knowing a "gun free zone is safe for them to commit mayhem, without consequences.
Just look at the reality, not the emotional, knee-jerk response.
My two cents worth.......
States with stricter gun control laws have fewer deaths from gun-related violence.
Last year, economist Richard Florida dove deep into the correlations between gun deaths and other kinds of social indicators. Some of what he found was, perhaps, unexpected: Higher populations, more stress, more immigrants, and more mental illness were not correlated with more deaths from gun violence. But one thing he found was, perhaps, perfectly predictable: States with tighter gun control laws appear to have fewer gun-related deaths.

Full Text: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ix-facts-about-guns-violence-and-gun-control/

Well, here's my observation:

Tallchickmagnet is simply ranting, going on emotions, and either cannot or will not make any suggestions regarding reducing violence.
Mom'sfolly, on the other hand, is at least informed to a degree and forms intelligent opinions and proposes solutions that I happen to disagree with.

TCM, you really can't expect a thread like this to end well if all you do is insinuate that others are idiots/paranoid/antisocial. The only food for thought has come from the pro-gun faction and Mom'sfolly's posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom