Food & water inside the coop

I've always had food and water inside the coop. I have the main food and water outside the coop but I have some pvc feeders and hanging nipple waterers inside the coop. What if they want a midnight snack?
I didn't know there people against food and water in the coop. I like having both because when I have new birds they can still get to food and water sway from the main flock and the main food sources

IMO there's simply no need to have either in the coop but I move a feed station in the coop when the rain gives it the full beans. To be honest, it doesn't actually matter one jot - we should all do what works best for us.

Ct

Mine are both in the coop...closed waterer with horizontal nipples, so no humidity issues there.
It's always there for them, nice and dry, no matter how early the lights come on for winter laying,
or when they decline to go outside like today when there's snow storm.

I keep both in the coop. Been doing it for years with no problem. I'm using a 2.5 gal water fount on top of a cookie tin warmer. The water fount won't raise the humidity in the coop any measurable amount. Unless the coop is too small to begin with. And then, it's going to be the birds themselves, that raise the humidity. In the summer I'll put another fount outside. Can't have too much water in the summer. Feed cost too much, to leave outside to feed the wild birds around here. No to mention the possibility of drawing rodents, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom