Foods that you wouldn't eat as a kid but now...

Fish, but really.. I discovered later on that its not that I hate all fish, I loved fish (like fish n chips, battered and all that), and I liked rainbow trout...but I won't eat it unless it is dry and the skin is crispy (I don't eat the skin, my parents do though...I just give it to the dog).

My dad likes his fish slimey, and just barely cooked.

Limburger and Handkaese, collard greens....would not go near it until I was 20.... actually still don't eat Limburger but I would if I were at my parents and mom would put it in front of me.... Oh and liver......NEVER!!!!

Brussels sprout

Cantaloupe

When I was young, brussels sprout would make me gag. I didn't like cantaloupe or watermelon. Now I love cantaloupe and still can't stand watermelon.

Quote:
Why didn't you like pizza?
Most kids love it!

Grew up pretty much eating meat & potatoes. My mom was British, so most meals were pretty bland.
I was a VERY picky eater.

I never touched a can of pop until my twenties.

I didn't eat anything Italian like pizza cause of the tomatoe sauce, or ketchup.

Didn't touch Chinese food until college.

To this day, I eat nothing that lived in the water.
stinkfish.gif

Oh, & no peas....EVER, they make me gag

No gravy, although I love that on mashed taters now.

Couldn't stand any dressing on salads when I was a child either.

These days, I love to try new tastes, but don't favour Indian or Thai cooking ar all

Weird thing is, I've had horse meat, dog, & tried kangaroo this week, so my attitude has changed over the years.

Back
Top Bottom