For all you butt fans....fluffy butts that is....

She is a Rhode Island Red, just from the feed store. "her" chicks are supposed to be Buff Orpingtons, but am wondering. Perhaps the juveniles have camoflage colors, but to me their wings look a bit too much like their adoptive mom. They were a day old when I substituted them for some of the eggs and golf balls Broody Mom was trying to hatch.

She is a Rhode Island Red, just from the feed store. "her" chicks are supposed to be Buff Orpingtons, but am wondering. Perhaps the juveniles have camoflage colors, but to me their wings look a bit too much like their adoptive mom. They were a day old when I substituted them for some of the eggs and golf balls Broody Mom was trying to hatch.

I bought some buff orpington chicks this year and they look nothing like your cute little chicks. Mine are a pure buff golden tan color, no other markings at all.

I wonder what I have? They were fluffy little yellow chicks, then they got those pale wing tip feathers, and now they have reddish shoulders...hmmmm. The receipt clearly says Buff Orpington.
Beginning to doubt my sanity.:/

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
I wonder what I have? They were fluffy little yellow chicks, then they got those pale wing tip feathers, and now they have reddish shoulders...hmmmm. The receipt clearly says Buff Orpington.
Beginning to doubt my sanity.
hmm.png

Edited for spelling.

Whatever they are, they are darn cute! You'll have to post an update for us down the road so we can try and help figure out what they are. It is always fun how most chicks look nothing like what they will look like as an adult color wise.

Back
Top Bottom