MegMarie123

Hatching
Jan 26, 2022
My chicken is about 8 months old. When she was 6 months she came down with foul pox, and it hit her hard. We finally have her at a point where she can be around the other chickens, but she lost a lot of weight and can’t gain any back. She waddles and falls over often when walking. Sneezes all day and night. Is often lethargic, and she has never laid an egg.

Is there anything I can do to help her? This is my first time owning chickens and I’m at a loss.

Thank you for your help!

My chicken is about 8 months old. When she was 6 months she came down with foul pox, and it hit her hard. We finally have her at a point where she can be around the other chickens, but she lost a lot of weight and can’t gain any back. She waddles and falls over often when walking. Sneezes all day and night. Is often lethargic, and she has never laid an egg.

Is there anything I can do to help her? This is my first time owning chickens and I’m at a loss.

Thank you for your help!
Welcome to BYC! :welcome

Hmm, she sounds sick. Has she ever laid an egg? And what breed is she?

@azygous @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive

If the pox affected her eating, she may be in starvation mode. This can cause the symptoms you are seeing. She needs her glucose elevated. Give her warm sugar water, a teaspoon of sugar to a cup of water. Let her drink this all day today.

Also give her high calorie high protein feedings of egg, tuna, boiled rice or oatmeal. If this is her problem, you should see nearly immediate improvement.

Thank you for your help!
Welcome To BYC

Can you get a video of her? Upload video to YouTube and provide a link.

Where are you located in the world?

Back
Top Bottom