Fowl Dry Pox: Suggestions-First Time Chicken Raiser Help!!!!!

Yes, they slowed down or even stopped during the period when they looked most "sick", but then went back to laying when the scabs started falling off.

That's good to know. Mine never really started back up, but we hit winter and I don't use a light to keep them laying so assume when we start getting longer days mine will return to laying...

Sorry for the delay...Holidays and extra time consuming biosecurity measures already tripling my busy schedule. Here's a pic and if you notice the bottom of the waffle you can see the black crusty tip. This is the worst of my girls and I'm hoping it doesn't get too more advanced. My take is if you have mosquitoes....vaccinate. In my case it would have saved me a ton of extra work.
Thanks for showing this I'm wondering how your girls are getting along with the fowl pox? Have you tried swabbing the lesions with betadine? It may help as it's an antiseptic and has iodine so you won't need to give it to them in a their water. It's been a few weeks now just wondering how they are progressing.

Well I'm happy to say ALL the girls came through with flying colors, no real drop in egg production or behavioral changes...kept up with the cleaning, changing out bedding, and iodine in the water plus some VetRx and they did great! None the less I will vaccinate all my future birds as here in FL we have mosquitoes year round and Fowl Pox is now in the area.

Cheers down there!!!

Well I'm happy to say ALL the girls came through with flying colors, no real drop in egg production or behavioral changes...kept up with the cleaning, changing out bedding, and iodine in the water plus some VetRx and they did great! None the less I will vaccinate all my future birds as here in FL we have mosquitoes year round and Fowl Pox is now in the area.

Cheers down there!!!

So glad to hear your flock is doing well!

Back
Top Bottom