Fowl pox?

bgitta

In the Brooder
Nov 9, 2022
Hi, folks. I noticed some spots on my girls and I'm wondering if this is fowl pox.
A few things, we're in Colorado and it's been freezing lately, so I don't think any mosquitoes have been around at all.
The girls who have the most suspicious combs are at the bottom of the pecking order. They're not bullied, but I do see them get pecked at.
If this fowl pox, what do I need to do?
Thank you so much ahead of time for looking at my post.
20230314_183342.jpg
20230314_182808.jpg

If it is fowl pox there is not much you can do but keep a closed flock until no one has scabs anymore. Its a virus and just needs to run its course. If it is fowl pox its dry fowl pox and that's lucky. Wet fowl pox is worse. Mine had dry fowl pox last fall and it took a couple months to run its course if I remember right.

If it is fowl pox there is not much you can do but keep a closed flock until no one has scabs anymore. Its a virus and just needs to run its course. If it is fowl pox its dry fowl pox and that's lucky. Wet fowl pox is worse. Mine had dry fowl pox last fall and it took a couple months to run its course if I remember right.
Did you have to do anything as far as the human side goes? Like can you still eat their eggs?

Did you have to do anything as far as the human side goes? Like can you still eat their eggs?
I hope so cause I did lol. Just proper hygiene and biosecurity if you're visiting another flock or a feed store (change shoes, etc). You can put fowl pox into the search bar and find more info in an article about common chicken illnesses.

Back
Top Bottom