Fowl Pox?

So far all of mine with symptoms have very mild symptoms (knock on wood) I am boosting all the vitamins, probiotics, etc and added Kickin Chicken to the feed - and I am giving 24% protein feed along with scratch and black oil sunflower seeds. Hoping if I really work on their immune systems now it will help them get through it well. Hoping to get the vaxing done on Monday after my son's first ARD meeting at school. I think I can borrow my BF's teenage daughter (homeschooled) for the afternoon to help me while my BF watches my 2 year old. I just hope I don't lose anymore before then. Especially any of my high dollar chicks. She has my corid too - I need to get it and give it to the chicks just in case I think.... Just saw your post above - I think A&M does necropsies but I already disposed of all the chicks so will have to wait until I lose another chick - if I do :(

Is there a cure fir fowl pox, does it go away like the flu, do they need to be medicated? I have a couple roosters with sores on their combs, thought it was from fighting but now Im worried.

Is there a cure fir fowl pox, does it go away like the flu, do they need to be medicated? I have a couple roosters with sores on their combs, thought it was from fighting but now Im worried.
Fowl pox is a virus, no cure. It will go away on its own in about a month, more or less. Post a pic of your roosters comb if you can.

Here is a couple pics of the 2 roosters I thought might be fighting. I seperated them but their combs havent improved. Its only been a couple days.

Hi All-

All six of my hens have fowl pox now. It is dry pox and they are all through the worst of it. They're in their 3rd week. Most of them had eyes swell shut for a day. One both eyes for a day and clearly felt really sick. She didn't try to get back to the coop at sundown, I had to carry her in. It hasn't been any big deal at all, except that most of them stopped laying. Our leghorn and one of our buffs kept laying. I'll post again when they're completely done losing the scabs.

Speaking of laying, my cream legbars that were born in Feb laid pullet eggs every day for a few months, and have not laid in about a month. It's possible they already had the fowl pox virus and that's why, but they have seemed completely normal throughout. The days aren't noticeably shorter yet here, so I really don't think that's it. Ideas anyone?

Thanks-

Back
Top Bottom