Fox attacked my ducks

I bet she is very sore. Just keep up with what you are doing they are amazing how they can come back from injuries even worse than she has. I am just sorry you lost one to this fox.

I bet she is very sore. Just keep up with what you are doing they are amazing how they can come back from injuries even worse than she has. I am just sorry you lost one to this fox.
I am too. She woke us up this morning with very loud quacks. She was holding her head higher and seemed in a better mood but still mad at me 😂

They just don't understand we're trying to help . You should hear my tiny rooster when I have to catch him he screams like a woman it is pretty funny.

You are doing a great job with her I can tell you love your ducks very much.

Last edited:
They just don't understand we're trying to help . You should hear my tiny rooster when I have to catch him he screams like a woman it is pretty funny.

You are doing a great job with her I can tell you love your ducks very much.
I love them very much I do my best. We tried hatching a few last year sadly only 2 survived. I truly love having ducks their personalities and everything. I feel bad even when they get bumblefoot on the rare occasion.

My khaki when he gets bumble foot won’t let me near him my son has to chase him around the yard to catch him it’s pretty funny. And the sound he makes and how he hangs his head down when my son finally gets him is hysterical. I’m just glad I’m able to help them

The vetricyn is what I use on my girls. It works great, so good job there! Both my neighbor and I have chickens and last year his flock was almost wiped out by a dog, he lost a few but 2 survived. One looked really bad. Thought for sure she was not going to make it. But to everyone's surprise she did. Keep the flies away!! That is a major thing. It is the after effect to watch for. Physical wounds heal but just like people an animal can have emotional wounds too. I watched that with his chicken. It will take time and her learning to trust her environment again, but she can feel safe again.

The vetricyn is what I use on my girls. It works great, so good job there! Both my neighbor and I have chickens and last year his flock was almost wiped out by a dog, he lost a few but 2 survived. One looked really bad. Thought for sure she was not going to make it. But to everyone's surprise she did. Keep the flies away!! That is a major thing. It is the after effect to watch for. Physical wounds heal but just like people an animal can have emotional wounds too. I watched that with his chicken. It will take time and her learning to trust her environment again, but she can feel safe again.
She’s doing a lot better the wounds look great 1 I was nervous about but the root of the feather is still in there that’s what it was. I still put the neosporin on once a day because I’m paranoid. But she’s doing good. She trusts my husband more than any of us right now. She doesn’t trust me at all which make me sad but she doesn’t understand I’m just helping her. We still have her in the house maybe Sunday we will put her out we haven’t decided I just don’t want her to get hurt more by her sisters on accident. She took a 3 hour bath today she was nice and clean till I put the silver honey on her but it looks so much better
IMG_0549.jpeg
IMG_0548.jpeg

She’s doing a lot better the wounds look great 1 I was nervous about but the root of the feather is still in there that’s what it was. I still put the neosporin on once a day because I’m paranoid. But she’s doing good. She trusts my husband more than any of us right now. She doesn’t trust me at all which make me sad but she doesn’t understand I’m just helping her. We still have her in the house maybe Sunday we will put her out we haven’t decided I just don’t want her to get hurt more by her sisters on accident. She took a 3 hour bath today she was nice and clean till I put the silver honey on her but it looks so much better
View attachment 3737764View attachment 3737766

View attachment 3737764View attachment 3737766
She looks so good!!! Such a beautiful bird. Those pin feathers can bleed a lot and get gross. We took in a clutch of 6 leghorns last spring that had really bad pecking wounds. Some were questionable if they were going to make it. The pin feathers were some of the problems. Once a bird sees red, they go after it. But she looks great!!!! Good job :)

Hi all, hopefully someone sees this! My Cayuga boy was attacked last night. Luckily their pen is out front and I was able to get to him pretty quickly but he had quite a bad wound under his wing, I’m extremely green to birds surviving what I can only guess was a fox. We brought him and his partner inside checked them both over and gave the wounds a clean and put them in a crate covered over. Surprisingly I think he’s already recovered from shock as he’s eating and drinking this morning. Any advice would be must appreciated! Thank you in advance 😊

Back
Top Bottom