Fox Got My Chickens Last Year

DavidJr

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
Willis, Tx
Afterwards redone the pen dug a ditch all the way around a couple feet deep filled it with bricks covered it up neighbor also got the fox for me. I knew something would try to get them sooner or latter so I set up a camera on them and sure enough my fox came, got him on video also.. Had to get more chicks and start over...

I notice your chicken house is up high and the chickens don't know to go in there for safety. Maybe if it was at or near ground level they could have gone in there where the fox couldn't see them and keep them running. I have all my houses at ground level and all chickens know to go in there when trouble comes.

Sorry for your loss I always close the coop door at night to keep my chickens safe inside. I have not lost one chicken at night. Good luck.

Unfortunately no matter how many are killed, there is always another predator around. Proofing your pen can be time consuming and costly, but the only way to prevent predators from stealing your birds. Burying fence, or laying an apron of fence along the ground outside your pen, will prevent predators from digging underneath. What a sneaky little guy!

Back
Top Bottom