Fox got my cock' :(

I thought they were nocturnal! Well, glad i know that now.
And these two are getting the BEST treatment i can give. The roo has drunk alittle but with help, but he's still almost asleep, probabley exhaustion and what not. he seems abit better, but i'm staying with him in the night. He's moving a little also, like, rolling upright.

Hi Andy,

Sorry about your situation. It's tough and many of us have felt your pain. Thriftychicken and the others gave you information that is right on the bullseye. He might be in shock for a few days or even more. Chickens have remarkable healing powers and with you taking such good care of him I think he has a good chance.

Fluids are important. If he won't drink mix some water with Gatorade and use a dropper to drop the liquid on the side/top of his beak. Do it slowly and let the drops roll into his mouth so he can swallow. Don't force it so he doesn't breath the liquid into his lungs.

All of us are here to support you. Keep us posted on his condition.

He died in my arm's this morning... I did my best to get water to him but he was barely awake since i found him and he didn't get to eat anything.

Spent all day investingating around my gardne and neighbors gardens and all the area behind my house, think i got what happened figured out. Fudge (my remaining hen) was lucky merely because of where she ran too (away from the others i beleive). For once i am glad we had snow, meant i could work out what happened better. Paw prints, feathers and blood.

Thankyou so much for the help though xx

So sorry. You did your best and that's all you can ask of yourself.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom