Foxes? advice, experiences... info etc

Going Quackers

Crowing
12 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
So lucky me we have a fox who has discovered my farm is his drive thru dinner place. May i have a bit of info on their habits and any tips, ideas on dealing with them?

Basically trying to educate myself on the latest predator.... ty!

I have first hand experience with Fox and Chickens....First off if you have one, you usually have two....We shot and killed the male Fox last fall...I kept my birds locked in the run for three weeks..I have a LGD dog who got tricked by the fox...One lured him to the barn and the other came right up 50 feet away from me and snatched my hen...
We have tried trapping her in a live trap...Only catch my cat...We live on 7 acres in a subdivision so snaring is out of the question...I bought an electric poultry fence to keep my birds in...I see the fox daily as she is not intimidated by me one bit...I recently bought a Aussie Golden Retriever cross who really puts the run on the Female fox...With two dogs out to patrol my property the fox stays away as long as the dogs are outside..I keep my dogs in at night so they do not Bark all night long...The fox will come and yap around my coop and Duck pens in the middle of the night!

Buggers they are...

Back
Top Bottom