Free 4 week old Olive Egger Pullet - CA

Volcanic Egger

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 5, 2013
Volcano, CA
I have a free 4.5 week old Olive Egger I have raised from Meyers. She is friendly to people but not to other chicks. She picked all the tail feathers out of one of her siblings and left her rump all bloody. She attacks the other chicks as well. I hate to just kill her or turn her loose in the wild. Anyone want her? She is black and white so far. I live in Volcano but can arrange for pickup around Jackson this weekend or Bay area next week.

Thanks

Bob

Do you ever make it south towards Fresno? I am south of Fresno, but get as far north as Merced or Turlock for work with some regularity. I just processed the rest of my meat birds, so I have an adjacent pen to my laying hens that would allow her to be segregated from the hens, but still be beak to beak to get used to each other, after quarantine in a converted rabbit hutch that I actually had a lone broiler in for the last month or so.

If I could meet you part way, I could take her. I have a couple "Easter-Eggers" in my flock that turned out to give an Olive egg and a darkish brown egg. I'd be glad to take on another.

Hi, Bob.

I'm in the Bay Area (Oakley) and would love to have the Olive Egger! I have a flock of about 40 chickens of varying ages so maybe she'll be too busy figuring out where she is in the pecking order to be pulling feathers.

Also, I find that chickens tend to pick on each other when they are penned up and bored. We live on 4 acres and the chickens get a lot of free-ranging time so that won't be a problem here.

Thanks,
- Lily

Back
Top Bottom