Free Chicken coop plans from Lowes!

Quote:
Yea, but 10% of nothing is nothing.

BTW, check with your local Home Depot for their discount. One of the clerks at my local HD told me they just changed their policy to only offer the military discount to holidays only. If you tell them that Lowe's offers their military discount every day, then HD will give it to you. You have to mention it though; they will not remind you.

Mark

Quote:
Maybe if some scrap or repurposed materials were used it would be less:)! It's just so rare to see detailed coop plans for free anywhere, I had to post it. I figured if someone only has 2-3 birds this would be a good option.

Tootie23--It is a fun little design! Thanks for sharing the link.

Because of the seriousness of potential foot problems, as well as painful leg tension, from the perch recommended by the design, I did submit the following to Lowe's "Comments" section & hope they'll post it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Very cute mini-coop!
CRITICAL MODIFICATION--Use a broader board (such as the 4-inch side of a 2"x4" or a piece of thick tree branch) for a roost/perch. These are more comfortable for chickens.
A dowel will cause "BUMBLEFOOT"--painful callouses or foot sores--in chickens.
Unlike lighter weight songbirds or long-winged birds of prey that tightly grip & curl their feet around thin perches, chickens are designed to mostly 'stand' on their feet rather than 'perch.' Wide, textured roosts are best.

You can build it cheaper specially if you can get the parts cheap. I can get 2x2 all day for free and hinges like 30 for $5. This coop is small, she is holding old english game a pen this small is perfect for someone like me who raises trios of eogb.

It's not there any more. Did anyone happen to save a copy of the instructions/pictures?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom