Free Cornish X - Worth it??

I rarely START threads...can only remember starting a couple three.
tongue.png
Has to be something of great interest that people have been asking a lot of questions about on the open forum before I think it warrants a thread of its own.

I apologize for getting into the subject on this thread, though, and will encourage any more questions to be directed via PM!
smile.png

Don't apologize beekissed -- I meant no malice in my post. This IS a topic of great interest. There are not a lot of questions (yet) because I think it is a rarely (if not non-existant) concept on this forum. May you gauge the potential interest level in the degree of post regarding the pitfalls of the CX birds. If you've found a potential "breakthrough" in CX management this could, potentially, be one of the highest valued threads to hit BYC this year. Many thanks for introducing it. I simply requested a new thread so this info would not be buried in a thread that the title bears no indication of this topic.

I have been following the thread. I felt kinda bad for taking the birds that he has been feeding for 5 months. I told him I would process them and split them with him. He works for the power company and has trouble finding the time to process.

Thanks for all the replies.

Darin

At 5 months old, what's that meat going to be like? Will they be tough, and only good for the crock pot? How do the Cornish Cross do as they get more mature?

Hey! I keep CxR's all the time... My oldest is about 8 months, she is an experiment to see how old/big she will get before she starts having any health problems. So far so Good. I slaughtered a Roo at 6 months and he dressed out at 9.5lbs!! We deep friend him for a party and he was delicious. Everyone there was talking about how it was the best chicken they had ever had... I'd be all over that deal!

I am so excited. I was able to de-bone the chicken and it is in the oven cooking! I can't wait to try it. I have pics. I guess I will post them in the recipe section and give this thread all the credit. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom