Free Eggs From Strangers ?

as trick or treat-- the candies will be inspected --anything opened will be throw away but that was years ago. we are too old for trick or treat now a day

I suspect you mean you visually inspect the candy? Why can't you do the same with an egg? You can even test the 'freshness' of the egg with the float test...

how about accepting opened drinks from stranger at a bar?  do you want to take the risk (especially for women) ?  it's up to you.

Are you saying these eggs are already out of the shell aka opened like your drink example? If not you analogy is apples to oranges...

and again it's personal preference.  I'll not accept foods/drinks from a stranger period.

And that is AOK if that is what you choose, glad to know you know everyone that you buy food and drink from and who they might have purchased it from, I certainly can't say the same...

**oh.. there's someone giving away a rooster.. unless you live in the rural area or county land..it's not allowed here

So you are saying someone in your area can't take it and make soup or stew? That is where almost all free roosters in my area end up, doesn't matter if there are laws against keeping them most 'free' roosters on Craiglist are destined for the oven not the coop... Plus I'm guessing there are people outside city/town limits that read Craigslist, I know I do, that is where I got my free llamas, my free goats, some roosters and other things that many can't have in my area (even across the street) but I can since I live on a farm and i'm zoned rural estate/agriculture and I read Craigslist as well...

Last edited:
I suspect you mean you visually inspect the candy? Why can't you do the same with an egg? You can even test the 'freshness' of the egg with the float test...
Are you saying these eggs are already out of the shell aka opened like your drink example? If not you analogy is apples to oranges...
And that is AOK if that is what you choose, glad to know you know everyone that you buy food and drink from and who they might have purchased it from, I certainly can't say the same...
So you are saying someone in your area can't take it and make soup or stew? That is where almost all free roosters in my area end up, doesn't matter if there are laws against keeping them most 'free' roosters on Craiglist are destined for the oven not the coop... Plus I'm guessing there are people outside city/town limits that read Craigslist, I know I do, that is where I got my free llamas, my free goats, some roosters and other things that many can't have in my area (even across the street) but I can since I live on a farm and i'm zoned rural estate/agriculture and I read Craigslist as well...

you used candies for eggs..so i used drinks for eggs

the point i was trying to get is simple.. i don't accept drink/foods from strangers

like in this case -- free eggs from craiglsit from some strangers.

if you bought food from a market or restaurant and got sick after eating it.. you can hold them liable (if you can prove it) right?..

similar situation... what do you do with some strangers giving out free foods through craiglist ? you probably have a sure way to check that the place they met you at is their residential address or other private information? you can read minds and know what they are hiding too? that's an interesting ability

so let's stay focus on the topic

you have a stranger who have some eggs and he/she giving them out for free

you would want them right ?

me.. i don't want them.

i posted the link to the rooster because i noticed it when i was replying to the post.

it's illegal to have one here and no i wouldn't want it either

if you trying to change my mind and that i should go get the free eggs...since that's the impression i'm getting from your reply

don't waste your time. I still don't want them. :/

you used candies for eggs..so i used drinks for eggs

I never suggested 'open' or 'unpackaged' candies in my example as you did for the drink, if you can't see the difference then it's not worth trying to explain, your analogy was a classic reductio ad absurdum fallacy.. But, if you would asked if I would take an unopened drink from a stranger, the answer is sure I have done it many times...

the point i was trying to get is simple.. i don't accept drink/foods from strangers

And as I said, that is AOK if that is your choice, and I'm glad you know everyone that you get food and drink from...

if you bought food from a market or restaurant and got sick after eating it.. you can hold them liable (if you can prove it) right?..

Sure, and you could hold the person you got the free eggs from liable as well if you wanted to pursue that avenue, not really seeing your point...

similar situation... what do you do with some strangers giving out free foods through craiglist ?  you probably  have a sure way to check that the place they met you at is their residential address or other private information?  you can read minds and know what they are hiding too?  that's an interesting ability

Classic hyperbole... If I call a person up and go to a house to pick up eggs, Occam's razor comes into play as chances are they are the home owner and the phone owner... And yes I can check who owns the property, as tax records and property records are generally public, and many phone numbers come up in a Google search as well... Do you verify the identity of every one working at the grocery store and the owner as well before you purchase to make sure they are legit? Have you never purchased from a street vendor or garden market? You are shooting for stars with a BB gun... We have the Internet at our fingertips, if the scenario you envision of tainted eggs being given away on Craigslist with ill intent was a realistic problem, I'm sure you can point me to a few news articles about this happening? I'll argue and bet any day that you face a much higher risk of being injured or killed on your car drive to the store then you do from tainted free eggs on Craigslist, heck I'll take it one step further and argue that you face a much higher chance of getting food poisoning from a local grocery store or restaurant then you do from free eggs on Craigslist... But feel free to prove me wrong and show me all the new articles of tainted eggs being given away on Craigslist and people getting sick...

you have a stranger who have some eggs and he/she giving them out for free

you would want them right ?

me.. i don't want them.

Sure if I needed eggs I would consider taking them, and would make the final decision after meeting them, people give away free food all the time on my local Craigslist... I also personally know that no one has refused free eggs when I have offered them to them, even people I have never met before... And I have no problem selling my eggs to strangers as well...

i posted the link to the rooster because i noticed it when i was replying to the post.

it's illegal to have one here and no i wouldn't want it either

I understand that you personally don't want the free stuff on Craigslist and like to attack those people with hyperbole baseless accusations for their generosity of giving stuff away...

if you trying to change my mind and that i should go get the free eggs...since that's the impression i'm getting from your reply

Nope, you are free to do what you want, but you did solicit other peoples stance on the free eggs ad in your post, thus I replied...

You are certainly free to ignore the ad and not get the eggs, but I find the fact you you insinuate ill intent by the party offering them to be quite presumptive and baseless...

FYI, I have done 100s of Craigslist deals over the years free and for sale and I have never not once felt uncomfortable or worried, in fact I have had nothing but pleasant meetings and met many nice people...

Last edited:
I wouldn't take free eggs from strangers - even if I was out of eggs. It's not life or death, if I had to go eggless for awhile. If a neighbor or friends offered them I would take them readily. But NO free roosters. Wouldn't want them if you paid me. Couldn't have them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom