Free Range Shelter for my flock...they love it.

Quote:
Welcome to BYC! Since you are new to chickens I would recommend that you do a bit of research before getting those chickens. they need to be locked down at night to protect them from predators. this would work great in a fenced chicken run. We have something similiar but we have protection from the sky over our run. Our chickens are locked up at night due to predators. Hope you will post pics of your new coop and chickens when you get them? Now if you have no predators from the sky or the ground then using this box for free-ranging chickens will be fine.

Welcome to BYC! Since you are new to chickens I would recommend that you do a bit of research before getting those chickens. they need to be locked down at night to protect them from predators. this would work great in a fenced chicken run. We have something similiar but we have protection from the sky over our run. Our chickens are locked up at night due to predators. Hope you will post pics of your new coop and chickens when you get them? Now if you have no predators from the sky or the ground then using this box for free-ranging chickens will be fine.

well we actually already have the chickens. We've had them since late Jan. and they have been free range since we got them. We have them in the backyard (about 1/4 acre) that is fenced within our property (which has an additional fence around the outside of the property line) so we don't really have much of a problem with predators getting in. We have hawks but none have attempted to take any of the chickens, although I wonder if that is just a matter of time.​

Back
Top Bottom