Free Svart Hona (1) and Mille Fleur Leghorn (2) Cockerels- Portland, OR

house1917

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 5, 2013
Portland, OR
Ordered eggs from eBay to hatch out, and have three free boys for your flock.

The Svart Hona cockerel is a sweetheart. Likes human interaction and is already the peace keeper of his brood. He's going to be a good sized rooster, nice full body and great fibromelanistic genes. Will be fun to cross with a traditional flock for new colors, and not sacrificing egg production.

The Mille Fleur Leghorns are a bit different, one has a traditional Leghorn body and the other is a little heftier. The slim one has a white earlobe and the burlier one looks like it will have a red earlobe (tinted eggs). They both have yellow legs and are super colorful. In full disclosure, Mille Fleur is hard to pass down unless bred to another MF or speckled hen- but they seem to create some interesting color combos regardless.

Free for the taking- have only had organic food and scratch to date.

image6.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Ordered eggs from eBay to hatch out, and have three free boys for your flock.

The Svart Hona cockerel is a sweetheart. Likes human interaction and is already the peace keeper of his brood. He's going to be a good sized rooster, nice full body and great fibromelanistic genes. Will be fun to cross with a traditional flock for new colors, and not sacrificing egg production.

The Mille Fleur Leghorns are a bit different, one has a traditional Leghorn body and the other is a little heftier. The slim one has a white earlobe and the burlier one looks like it will have a red earlobe (tinted eggs). They both have yellow legs and are super colorful. In full disclosure, Mille Fleur is hard to pass down unless bred to another MF or speckled hen- but they seem to create some interesting color combos regardless.

Free for the taking- have only had organic food and scratch to date.

View attachment 2320480View attachment 2320481View attachment 2320482
What are the black ones?

Yes, Svart Hona- distant cousins of Ayam Cemani. They're a Swedish landrace breed that lay 150-200 eggs a year. I'm enjoying looking up photos of how they cross with traditional layers- and the wild patterns that pop up...
Oh wow! I have Ayam Cemanis. I wish there was a way to get them in Arkansas.

Back
Top Bottom