Friend's ducks and my ducks not getting along while on vacation

woknrouen

Chirping
Oct 26, 2021
I have 2 pet ducks, one boy and one girl. My friend also has 2 female ducks. She has brought them to my house while she is on vacation for a week. My male duck has been acting super aggressive towards my friends ducks. pushing them around, plucking feathers. I decided to seprate them by putting my friends ducks in the coop/run. But my male duck just stares at them through the chicken wire. I then switched it up and locked just my drake in the coop, but this seemed to stress out my female duck and my drake was super pissed in the coop. And now currently, my female duck and my drake are in the coop together and my friends ducks are free ranging. All of the ducks seemed stressed out. Not sure what to do. Should I keep my ducks in the coop? Let them out? Lock up my friends ducks? This is only temporary for a week but I don't want any stressed birds.

can they still see each other? i have to keep my two pairs (two boys, then one boy one girl) separated and they are fine as long as they can see each other

I have 2 pet ducks, one boy and one girl. My friend also has 2 female ducks. She has brought them to my house while she is on vacation for a week. My male duck has been acting super aggressive towards my friends ducks. pushing them around, plucking feathers. I decided to seprate them by putting my friends ducks in the coop/run. But my male duck just stares at them through the chicken wire. I then switched it up and locked just my drake in the coop, but this seemed to stress out my female duck and my drake was super pissed in the coop. And now currently, my female duck and my drake are in the coop together and my friends ducks are free ranging. All of the ducks seemed stressed out. Not sure what to do. Should I keep my ducks in the coop? Let them out? Lock up my friends ducks? This is only temporary for a week but I don't want any stressed birds.
when introducing ducks, you should do at least a couple of weeks of see but no touch, where they see eachother but cannot get to eachother. The two girls are in danger of the drake. Since these arent your ducks, and you arent keeping them, I would just keep them separate them, they can see eachother, but should not be able to mix.
How long is your friend away?

when introducing ducks, you should do at least a couple of weeks of see but no touch, where they see eachother but cannot get to eachother. The two girls are in danger of the drake. Since these arent your ducks, and you arent keeping them, I would just keep them separate them, they can see eachother, but should not be able to mix.
How long is your friend away?
X2

It is rare ducks get along immediately

Back
Top Bottom